ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working during change of employer under Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leng72
Newly Registered
France

Working during change of employer under Tier 2 General

Post by leng72 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:23 pm

Hello all,

I have changed my employer couple of years ago (Tier 2 General to new Tier 2 General within UK). But I have continued to work for my old employer for a month after getting my new BRP (with the new employer). This is because I gave my notice only after getting my new BRP with the new job/employer just to ensure I didn't want to resign prematurely (before getting the new visa approved).

But now, I am worried if there would be any problem with this when I apply for ILR later this year (after 5 years on Tier 2 General). I joined the new employer on the agreed date and I had about a year time left on the old visa with old/previous employer.

Timeline:
Tier 2 General with employer1: Nov 2013 to Dec 2016
Tier 2 General with employer2: Dec 2015 to Jan 2019
BRP approved with employer2: Dec 2015
End of employment with employer1: Jan 2016 (as agreed with employer1)
Start date of job with employer: Feb 2016 (as agreed with employer2)

As noted in the timeline, I worked for a month with the old employer after getting BRP with new employer. Any advice/suggestion on whether there's going to be any issue with this would be great. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Working during change of employer under Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:29 pm

It should not be an issue. Many do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leng72
Newly Registered
France

Post by leng72 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks CR001 for the quick response!

I also thought it wouldn't an issue. It's just that I couldn't find any info on this when I searched Home office docs/guidelines to confirm the same.

With the 'hostile environment' policy of UK govt these days, this got me very worried!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:43 pm

HO are not as unreasonable as people believe. HO do understand people need to give notice periods etc.

No issue for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leng72
Newly Registered
France

Post by leng72 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Thanks CR001 for reassuring - it really puts me at ease.

Sosi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sosi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 pm

leng72 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 3:23 pm
Hello all,

I have changed my employer couple of years ago (Tier 2 General to new Tier 2 General within UK). But I have continued to work for my old employer for a month after getting my new BRP (with the new employer). This is because I gave my notice only after getting my new BRP with the new job/employer just to ensure I didn't want to resign prematurely (before getting the new visa approved).

But now, I am worried if there would be any problem with this when I apply for ILR later this year (after 5 years on Tier 2 General). I joined the new employer on the agreed date and I had about a year time left on the old visa with old/previous employer.

Timeline:
Tier 2 General with employer1: Nov 2013 to Dec 2016
Tier 2 General with employer2: Dec 2015 to Jan 2019
BRP approved with employer2: Dec 2015
End of employment with employer1: Jan 2016 (as agreed with employer1)
Start date of job with employer: Feb 2016 (as agreed with employer2)

As noted in the timeline, I worked for a month with the old employer after getting BRP with new employer. Any advice/suggestion on whether there's going to be any issue with this would be great. Thanks!

Hi Lang.
Had your new employer done resident labour market test? I would also like to change of employment.
I don't know the procedures of change of employer. im on tier2 now. Is there any employment without resident labour market test? In case new employment application rejects then old employment visa valued,?