ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non eea PR and naturalisation afte BREXIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mon08
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non eea PR and naturalisation afte BREXIT

Post by Mon08 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:08 am

Can anyone help please. I am worried how brexit will affect applying for naturalisation after March 2019. I am due to apply September 2019. Will I need to aplly for settled status or I can still apply for naturalisation just like before brexit? Thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Non eea PR and naturalisation afte BREXIT

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:13 am

Brexit has no effect on citizenship, which is controlled by domestic provision.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

psot2
Newly Registered

Re: Non eea PR and naturalisation afte BREXIT

Post by psot2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Citizenship is something you'll be able to apply for regardless of Brexit, as long as you've had PR for the past year.

However, after Brexit, all EU citizens will stop having PR and will start having settled status instead. No change to your rights as far as I can tell, just a change to the name of the document. You'll be able to apply for it very easily and for free on 30/04/2019 if you've already got PR.