ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization new process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalization new process

Post by msohaib25 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi All,

Help required with regards to naturalization new process

I called council to book an appointment and they said NDRS service is stopped now and only one of council is offering me NCS service where you can't apply citizenship and passport together.

They said new service will be started/ have already started with new offices, anyone is aware if i can apply citizenship and passport together there?

is it more expensive comparatively to previous service?

is it fast ?

Should i just go ahead with online application submission then will get option to book an appointment?

Previously you can book an appointment for NDRS service and then you need to submit application online within 12 days but looks like in service you have to submit first then i am wondering whether i will be able to get an appointment within 12 days or not?

Can anyone who has tried new service please confirm

thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization new process

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:00 pm

anyone is aware if i can apply citizenship and passport together there?
No.
is it more expensive comparatively to previous service?
More or less the same, depends on what you select (free service or paid for service)
is it fast ?
No change to the timelines. The new service is ONLY for submission at a 3rd party agency. HO still process applications as normal.
Should i just go ahead with online application submission then will get option to book an appointment?
Yes.
Previously you can book an appointment for NDRS service and then you need to submit application online within 12 days but looks like in service you have to submit first then i am wondering whether i will be able to get an appointment within 12 days or not?
You should be able to get an appointment within 5 days or so.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Thanks for reply

so if i have both option NCS and new service then would you recommend NCS or new service?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 am

msohaib25 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 pm
Thanks for reply

so if i have both option NCS and new service then would you recommend NCS or new service?
The "new" service is the replacement for NCS / NDRS (which will terminate by the end of the year I believe). It covers the submission of applications and documents only. There is no change to the way UKVI process and decide applications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:44 am

ok thanks