ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elligibility for Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dhawal05
Newly Registered
India

Elligibility for Tier 2 General Visa

Post by Dhawal05 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Dear Team,

I am bit confused with my current situation and any help would be very helpful.PFB details of my stay in UK -

A. From April 2015 - March 2015 - Tier 2 ICT Short Term Staff Visa
B. From April 2016 - June 2018 - Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Visa [Which was valid till April 2019]
C. From June 2018 - Present - PBS Dependent Visa.

I switched my Job in June 2018 and had to switch to PBS depdent. My past employeer at this point in time informed HO and my ICT visa was cancelled in June 2018.

My current employeer is very keen on sponsoring my Tier 2 General Visa so that my dependency on spouse visa would be mitigated.

Going through the Visa Eligibility guide its not very clear if -

A. I can apply for Tier 2 General Visa now.
B. If I still need to serve the cooling from June 2018 to June 2019 [12 Months] before applying for Tier2 General Visa. As I would be switching from PBS dependent visa.

Any help here would be great.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Elligibility for Tier 2 General Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm

A. I can apply for Tier 2 General Visa now.
No, unless you are being offered a salary of £159,600pa or mroe.
B. If I still need to serve the cooling from June 2018 to June 2019 [12 Months] before applying for Tier2 General Visa. As I would be switching from PBS dependent visa.
Yes, you need the full 12 months on PBS dependent visa which would be the cooling off period. Note, switching refers to in country applications, which you cannot do. You will apply for a new entry clearance visa from your home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dhawal05
Newly Registered
India

Re: Elligibility for Tier 2 General Visa

Post by Dhawal05 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks a lot @CR001 for crisp and clean reply.