ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take to return a passport from the HO??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

weldsousa2007
Newly Registered

How long does it take to return a passport from the HO??

Post by weldsousa2007 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:59 am

Could someone tell me how long would it take for the HO to send a passport back after you withdraw an outstanding application and arrange to leave the country voluntarily? And is there anyway to speed it up?? like go and collect it in person or something else?

Thanks

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:52 am

Specifying the nature of application will help board members to be more precise in their response.

weldsousa2007
Newly Registered

Post by weldsousa2007 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:22 am

dnicky wrote:Specifying the nature of application will help board members to be more precise in their response.
It was an application for extension of leave to remain if that would help.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 am

And is there anyway to speed it up?? like go and collect it in person or something else?
Contact your local MP. I did it once and worked

weldsousa2007
Newly Registered

Post by weldsousa2007 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:30 am

eliasuk4u wrote:
And is there anyway to speed it up?? like go and collect it in person or something else?
Contact your local MP. I did it once and worked
I did (My local MP is Jacqui Smith believe it or not) but there is nothing they could do or so they said. I want to leave by Sunday and I don't know if that is long enough for them to return my passport.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:36 am

want to leave by Sunday and I don't know if that is long enough for them to return my passport.
You must be joking. HO is not that efficient in returning the passport that quick. I suggest you not to make travel arrangements until you receive your passport or get an instruction from HO for you to collect it at the airport.

weldsousa2007
Newly Registered

Post by weldsousa2007 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 am

Well I have already booked my ticket for Sunday and that was 2 weeks ago. I have just spoken to my regional enforcement unit to arrange for my passport to be delivered to them and they rekon it will be with them by thursday.??? I don't know what to believe??? :(