ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Spouse Application- Priority- 25 working days and no documents returned and only one email update!Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flores
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Settlement Spouse Application- Priority- 25 working days and no documents returned and only one email update!Help

Post by flores » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum.
My fiancee and i got married on the 21/10/18 in Jamaica.

We submitted online application (Priority ) : 01/11/2018
He did biometric scan on the : 02/11/2018

Documents posted to sheffield on the :13/11/2018 ( we where not aware that we had to send the documents to sheffield our lawyer never advised us of this and he told us that all documents will have to be left in Jamaica which then differed when we got the appointment in Jamaica) Does anyone know if this will delay the application ?
Email received confirming online application received:18/11/2018

Since then we have not heard anything back, my lawyer tells me that there is a way to track the documents through VFS but untill now he has not provided me with the log in details he says i require, can someone tell me if there is a way of tracking the progress of the application through here?

Through other post i can see that most people contact the VIsa department after 30 days, would it however be a good idea to contact them now as i have been waiting for 25 days ( working days ) to find out an update as i am yet to receive any update and i have not received non of the documents back.

Please help!!

Thank you for any advice in advance,

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Settlement Spouse Application- Priority- 25 working days and no documents returned and only one email update!Help

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:01 am

You should hear something around the 30 working days time.

You can email / call for an update:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... ide-the-uk
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

flores
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement Spouse Application- Priority- 25 working days and no documents returned and only one email update!Help

Post by flores » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Thank you.

Today we got a call from the immagration office from Kingston in Jamaica telling me to tell my husband to come and collect his passport.

They where unable to give me if it has gone through. But she kindly i am sure it is good news.

Is thia nornal ?

My lawyer also confirmed today that he received all the documents last week.

Please someone answer me if this is normal to get a call instead of an email.

Thank you

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:18 pm

A call from kingston wouldn't be immigration officer, rather staff from the place where passport was submitted. No one can guess outcome as it can be either refusal or approval only way to find out is to go and collect the passport.

flores
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by flores » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:33 pm

Hello thank you, we got the good news he got approved. We however made a return ticket for the 12.12.18 and arriving to the UK on the 13.12.18.

However the visa start date from the 14/12 has anyone experience this can he still come on the 13.12 and have no problem.
Can the lawyer do something ?

Please advise

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:40 pm

However the visa start date from the 14/12 has anyone experience this can he still come on the 13.12 and have no problem.
Did you state an intended date of travel in the visa application? He cannot enter the UK on his spouse visa before the valid from date of 14 December.
Can the lawyer do something ?
Unlikely if you did not state a date or if you did state a date of 14th.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

flores
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by flores » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 pm

Yes we did state the 01.12.2018 so maybe is an error from their side. On the online application my lawyer stated return date for the 01.12.2018 can he use that to try to get him back in the country before the 14 ?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 pm

It is not unusual for them to add few days to the vignette sticker after a decision is made so that if it takes few days to deliver the passport it would still enable you to have the maximum time to enter UK.

They do specifically state not to make travel arrangements until a decision is made, so you will have to re-schedule flight.

flores
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by flores » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Thank you everyone for your advise i did have to change the date but luckily it was not alot.

It took 26 working days for us to get a reponse. Which was amazing.

I wish everyone else the best.