ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi All

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Hi All

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi All,

I am here on hsmp visa till sept 2009. I have to apply for FLR around july or august 2009 to switch myself to teir1.

Before coming to uk, when i applied i had a valid full driving licience of my country and it is valid till 2011. Unfortunately i dont have my dob certificate. Can i use the same one of my country(Pakistan) here in UK as valid driving licence?. Is there anything else which can be a proof for my age points. Please suggest.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Is this a query related to HSMP / Tier 1 or about a valid driving license ?? If the latter, it's been posted in the wrong discussion board.

For details regarding foreign driving license(s) and conditions, check http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr ... DG_4022561

In short, you can drive here with your Pakistani license for only the first 12 months from date of entry to UK. Beyond that, you'll need a valid license issued in UK to drive.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Hi,

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:07 pm

I need to ask how will i confirm about the age points, if at that time i dont have a valid driving licence to show or DOB?

I beleive this is a question of Teir 1 age points? .

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm

As far as I know, the Gov of Pak now issues Int'l driving licence for only 1 year and most of the countries allows you to use your Int'l lincence for 1 year max.

I think you must be using your normal Driving licence issued by PAK in UK which is generally not allowed, so you must cross check.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: Hi,

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:19 pm

My apologies. I concentrated more on the following statement and missed the real question.
Can i use the same one of my country(Pakistan) here in UK as valid driving licence?
There's no HSMP in UK anymore. You will be applying for extension under Tier 1 scheme in 2009 (provided BIA doesn't introduce further changes to the scheme by that time). For Tier 1 applications, passport is the primary documentary evidence of proof of age.

So there's nothing to worry, unless the DOB on your passport is different from the one that you claimed while making your initial HSMP application.

Please check the Tier 1 policy guidance for more details.

regards
jimmymcad wrote:I need to ask how will i confirm about the age points, if at that time i dont have a valid driving licence to show or DOB?

I beleive this is a question of Teir 1 age points? .
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Great, many thanks

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:34 pm

hsmpinuk70, thank you very much. You resolved my big problem. Yes, i will be applying under tier1, and this is a sign of relief as you said