ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SunBlue

EEA Application

Post by SunBlue » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:40 pm

Hi,
I just applied on EEC1 form for a residence permit based on the relationship with german partner.
Does anyone how long it takes? They say up to 6 months but I would like to know the real time.
Could anyone who applied for this visa tell me your experience?
Thanks!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:22 pm

Glauco, your disclosed location is Berlin. Is that actually true? You are in Germany at the moment? If so why did you use form EEC1? And post it where? Croydon?

If you are outside the UK you should use form VAF1 to apply for an EEA Family Permit, and send it to the nearest British Embassy or Consulate.

By the way, you say "the relationship with German partner". You mean spouse? Or if not, on what basis would you claim to be a Family Member of an EEA Citizen? And your German spouse/partner (?) is going to move to the UK to work? Or if not work, to do what?
John

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:10 pm

Hi John, sorry for the mistake.
I was living in Berlin, some time ago I moved to Glasgow and forgot to update my info.

I applied under the EEC1 form. Actually I could not have an Unmarried Partner visa because it´s same-sex relationship of an EU citizen - when I went to apply for the visa the consulate told that they don´t issue this visa for partners of EU citizens unless he had Indefinite Leave to Remain. And also because it´s same-sex relationship I could not aply for the EU Family Permit within Germany.
Then I called the Home Office in the UK and they told that even as a tourist I could apply for the EEA Family Permit (in the EEC1 application it says that it´s valid for partners who can prove that they lived 2 years together at least). And I told I was as a tourist, but they told that for the EU application it was OK. Then I came to the UK and applied using the EEC1 form.
But the thing is that I came as a tourist, so I cannot work or do anything. Not even volunteer job I can get to spend my time in a nice way!
I applied in the beginning of February.