ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying by end of December? Is that ok?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

javiercarrillo
Newly Registered
Peru

Applying by end of December? Is that ok?

Post by javiercarrillo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:26 am

Hello - Based on my residency calculations (had to deduct over 60 days due to absence from the country a few years back) I can apply for citizenship on December 28.

I was wondering if that would work (e.g. INIS is closed or similar) or if I should just wait until January 2 (or maybe later?)

Thanks for any info

Anira
Canada

Re: Applying by end of December? Is that ok?

Post by Anira » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:14 am

Your application day counts from the day the solicitor signs & witness it so you need to bear this in mind (make sure it is signed on/after the 28th of December). Some solicitor offices close for the christmas break and only return on the 5th of January. A week or two will not make a difference to your application to be honest.

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Applying by end of December? Is that ok?

Post by yala93 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi,

I would apply on Jan. 2, stamp with solicitor on Jan 2 and sent it right away after. There is no point to snd your passport on Dec.28 as it will be delivered only on the Jan 2.