ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to Tier 2 switch in UK for Scholarship Student

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alancable
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Tier 4 to Tier 2 switch in UK for Scholarship Student

Post by alancable » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:25 pm

So, I am a sponsored student and as such would need a consent letter for my Tier 2 application. I have received a letter from my scholarship sponsor which states the following:
[X organization] has no objection for [me] re-enter the UK for work with [Y organization]... However, [X organization's] commitment ended at the completion of [my] program... [X organization] will bear no responsibility... regarding [my] re-entry to the UK.
Now looking at the immigration guidelines, which states:
For the purpose of this section of the guidance, ’sponsored’ means supported by an award which covers both fees and living costs. If you have had such sponsorship within the past 12 months, you must provide us with the Government or international scholarship agency’s unconditional consent in writing, giving you their permission to remain in or re-enter the UK
Now, I am a bit tensed because the letter didn't explicitly state remain, only re-enter. I was wondering if this is a cause for alarm?

Also, I don't have access to the physical letter, only a scan of the original that was sent over email. Would that be okay for my application?