ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!!Tier 2 Visa Application -Scholarship/Funded Student

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roy2015
Newly Registered
India

URGENT!!Tier 2 Visa Application -Scholarship/Funded Student

Post by roy2015 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi All,
Today I applied for my Tier 2 visa (i'm switching from Tier 4). I was a fully funded student with both tuition fee and living expense covered by my UK University. In the Tier two application, there is a question whether I was funded by any government or international scholarship agency?
"You may have been sponsored in your studies by Her Majesty’s Government, your home
government or any international scholarship agency. For the purpose of this section of the
guidance, ’sponsored’ means supported by an award which covers both fees and living
costs. If you have had such sponsorship within the past 12 months, you must provide us
with the Government or international scholarship agency’s unconditional consent in writing,
giving you their permission to remain in, or re-enter, the UK." This is the guidance regarding the same in UKVI guidance.
I was not sure about how to answer this. But I answered "Yes" in the end and uploaded no objection certificate from my University allowing me to remain in the UK. I applied for my Tier 4 visa using the university's sponsorship letter that's why I did not wanted to say "No"
I'm now tensed if I have answered it wrongly. Because Universities are not international scholarship agency I think but they mentions sponsored being an award covering both fees and living expense.
Will my answer create any issue in granting me visa... :cry:

alancable
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: URGENT!!Tier 2 Visa Application -Scholarship/Funded Student

Post by alancable » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:00 pm

I think you will be fine.

Since the uni sponsored both your tuition and living expenses, I think this qualifies them as a 'sponsor'.
It was prudent that you submitted the letter.

I believe the letter's purpose is just to make UKVI aware that you have no bonds whatsoever with the uni considering they sponsored you and they might demand something in return.

ivlivs89
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: URGENT!!Tier 2 Visa Application -Scholarship/Funded Student

Post by ivlivs89 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:29 am

roy2015 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:07 pm
Hi All,
Today I applied for my Tier 2 visa (i'm switching from Tier 4). I was a fully funded student with both tuition fee and living expense covered by my UK University. In the Tier two application, there is a question whether I was funded by any government or international scholarship agency?
"You may have been sponsored in your studies by Her Majesty’s Government, your home
government or any international scholarship agency. For the purpose of this section of the
guidance, ’sponsored’ means supported by an award which covers both fees and living
costs. If you have had such sponsorship within the past 12 months, you must provide us
with the Government or international scholarship agency’s unconditional consent in writing,
giving you their permission to remain in, or re-enter, the UK." This is the guidance regarding the same in UKVI guidance.
I was not sure about how to answer this. But I answered "Yes" in the end and uploaded no objection certificate from my University allowing me to remain in the UK. I applied for my Tier 4 visa using the university's sponsorship letter that's why I did not wanted to say "No"
I'm now tensed if I have answered it wrongly. Because Universities are not international scholarship agency I think but they mentions sponsored being an award covering both fees and living expense.
Will my answer create any issue in granting me visa... :cry:
Hi, do you mind provide an update on this? Did you get your Tier 2 visa in the end?

Thank you very much