ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application switching from 10 year partner route to 5 year partner route labeled as " exceptionally complex"

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Application switching from 10 year partner route to 5 year partner route labeled as " exceptionally complex"

Post by jane2018 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I was recently granted 10 year route in-country leave to remain as a spouse of UK citizen. The reason for 10 and not 5 year route was immigration status as a visitor. (History: we married for many years, lived many years abroad, have children, own house together, bank accounts etc.)

After the grant on 10 year route (2 months later) I applied using 24 hour service for 5 year partner route.
24 hours after attending the centre I received an email from the Home Office stating

"your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision"

If it is a 5 year route application(after the grant of leave on 10 year route with the same partner), which complex issues can it possible raise?

I thought an applicant can either meet 5 year route requirements or not. (unlike 10 year route application on the basis of Human rights).

Please share some ideas.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application switching from 10 year partner route to 5 year partner route labeled as " exceptionally complex"

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm

It is a standard automated reply. Your application will likely take a bit longer than normal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Application switching from 10 year partner route to 5 year partner route labeled as " exceptionally complex"

Post by jane2018 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm
It is a standard automated reply. Your application will likely take a bit longer than normal.
Thank you for the response.

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jane2018 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm

I feel it is unfair that I was charged extra £600 for super premium 24 hour service but did not get it.

Alexa1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alexa1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:54 am

Any updates on this? Just to clarify you switched from 2 months of getting FLR (FP) to FLR (M)?
Thanks!