ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Renewal, Please help me, Thanks

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alphauk1

Passport Renewal, Please help me, Thanks

Post by alphauk1 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi,

I am trying to contact Indian HC in london to renew my passport. So far I have left 4 messages and 6 emails and had no reply.

My passport with current HSMP valid till 2110 is expiring shortly, I understand that I can renew the passport (many blank pages in excisitng passport) at HC in London.

Can you also confirm that I need to get a fresh stamp from HO? I have heard that HC can increase the validity of the same passport in case there are empty pages left? Not sure how to go on about this.

Please let me know.

Regards
Alphauk

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:43 pm

You need not get a new stamp on your new/extended passport. You can always carry your old passport containing valid visa with your new one until your visa runs out.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:32 am

You do not need to have your residence permit (known as leave to remain) transferred to your new passport but you can do this if you wish. If you do not have it transferred to your new passport, you should carry both your old passport and your new passport when you travel to the United Kingdom, as evidence of your resident status.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... opassport/

regards

netacct

Post by netacct » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:22 pm

hsmpinuk70,

I recently renewed my passport at Indian consulate Birmingham.
You don't need to transfer your visa. Its is still valid. Just carry both of your passports.

As far as contacting embassy is concerned, simply forget.
Humans may relocate to Mars but desi people wont change their style/habit.
I have go through same hell when my passport with the embassy and I was left at the mercy of them/God.

In short, you simply can't do anything about it. You will have to wait for your passport.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Doesn't my post say the same thing ??? Guess, you didn't bother to read it carefully, in your eagerness to make a comment :roll:!
And BTW, the statement I posted earlier is published on the BIA website and posted here "as is" ... link also provided.

regards
netacct wrote:You don't need to transfer your visa. Its is still valid. Just carry both of your passports.
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

netacct

Post by netacct » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Oops, sorry, I should have addressed it to alphauk1 rather than you. My mistake :D

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:19 am

Guys,

Many Thanks for your help. I have decided to use a company (agent) who will send the passport to HC on my behalf and charge me for the services.

I am glad to find out that I dont need to pay HO again for stamp.

Regards
Alpha