ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application - professional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RC0215
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1 application - professional referee

Post by RC0215 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:53 am

Hi

My husband is an EU national who acquired the permanent residency 2 months after the birth of our baby (4 month old)

I am applying for BC fir baby using the MN1 online form but have a few questions:

1- Referees: GP / HV / etc declined to act as referees. Can we include a colleague at work stating his profession and saying that he has known the baby? (He’s a friend too) I am not able to force any GP / HV etc to sign.

2- If using the online application, do we need to hand in our passports during the UKVA appointment? Or does it work like the European passport return service?

Thanks for your help and time.

RC0215
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 application - professional referee

Post by RC0215 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:44 am

Small update please:

Regarding point 2: I will be using the new service to apply for BC for my child. However baby travelling end of Dec, does this impact the application?

If it does, then can I go with the old NCS service and fill a paper form?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:06 pm

RC0215 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:44 am
Small update please:

Regarding point 2: I will be using the new service to apply for BC for my child. However baby travelling end of Dec, does this impact the application?

If it does, then can I go with the old NCS service and fill a paper form?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
If you are applying using the new system, your passport will not be taken. They will only do a photocopy which will then be uploaded and submitted with other supporting documents.
I am not entirely sure about taking the baby out of the country while the registration is on going.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Baby is free to travel and if holding an EU passport, free to re-enter the UK. No impact on citizenship application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RC0215
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RC0215 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Many thanks! Appreciate your help and time.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:48 pm

We are in the same situation , I was wondering if you can help , me and my Mrs got the pr after having baby , now we wish to apply for our baby citizenship, under what section of nationality act that application will be ?
2)Also referee both have to be professional or one
3) do we need to submit documents to prove excercising treaty right (employment information)or permanent residence card will be sufficient?
4)the information to fill in on forms for excercising treaty rights if you already hold PR?

Help would be much appreciated