ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVisa Email that I should have received Biometric Letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adamcrookes
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UKVisa Email that I should have received Biometric Letter

Post by adamcrookes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:30 am

Hi All,

I applied to have my ILR transferred from an old passport to BRP. I received an email after a week stating that I should have received a letter instructing me to go submit my biometric details. However, I had not received any such letter. I chased them up via the Help centre and was given emails starting with "applyonline ..." and "appointmentexceptions...." both of which said they don't deal with query issues. I am just worried that it may have been posted in the wrong letter box and wanted to find out next steps. One of the advisers said that sometimes they send these emails only to send the letter days after!
I have a job offer that is pending on my presenting a BRP. Can anyone help direct me as to what to do next. It has been 11 days since I received that communication.

Regards

Adam

sinuganti
Newly Registered
India

Re: UKVisa Email that I should have received Biometric Letter

Post by sinuganti » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Adam,

I was in a similar situation when I received an email stating that I should have already received the letter. When I mailed appointmentexceptions, it was re-directed to the relevant department and I received an email from MMSTLIVSETBIOMETRICS@homeoffice.gov.uk after week which stated that they would investigate and either contact myself or re-issue the letter. Finally the letter was arrived a week later. So do not panic. As you have already emailed appointmentexceptions, you should get either an email or you should receive the letter in the next 2 weeks

Just to ease your tension, here is my timeline

Applied online for BRP NTL on 8th of Oct 2018
Posted passports and documents on 9th of Oct 2018
Received email about the biometrics letter on the 19th of Oct 2018
Sent an email to appointmentexceptions on the 24th Oct of 2018
Received email from MMSTLIVSETBIOMETRICS@homeoffice.gov.uk on the 30th Oct 2018
Received Biometrics letter on the 7th of Nov 2018
Received BRP card and passports on the 29th of Nov 2018

Srini

adamcrookes
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UKVisa Email that I should have received Biometric Letter

Post by adamcrookes » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:27 am

Hi Srini,

Thanks ever so much for your elaborate response to my query. I have heard from MMSTLIVSET... and they said that the application is in the process of being reviewed for validation and once that’s done they will send me the BRP Enrolment Letter. At least now I am relieved that they have not sent it and it went to the wrong address. Fingers cross I will get the letter soon.
Once again thanks.

Regards
Adam