ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed penalty from DVLA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shmitsky
Newly Registered
Scotland

Fixed penalty from DVLA

Post by shmitsky » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:14 am

Hey! I'm a bit of a panic just now, i was reading through various threads while waiting for the outcome of my application and realised I got a fixed penalty from DVLA last year for not taxing my car on time.
Basically I changed address, they sent the reminder to the old one. Once I figured it out i paid straight away. No court involved.

Now, i forgot to put that down on my application - is there any way I can contact HO to update them, it's been a month since I applied, not sure if it's too late... should I email them?
Thanks in advance for any help

waqas734
Pakistan

Re: Fixed penalty from DVLA

Post by waqas734 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:38 am

Hello

I have applied for naturalization last month as well i didnt even think about that untill today after your post basically i bought a car with no v5c and taxed it later after receiving v5c on my name i dont remember it was a penalty , received a letter from dvla that from certain period my car was not taxed and i got to pay £70 something fine which i paid on phone and that was it cant remember any dates , paid it straightaway dont know if it will have any negative impact .

hamzababy
United Kingdom

Post by hamzababy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 am

i had fpn from dvla for not insuring my car ( i had it for having my parked in my drive, i took off insurance as i wasnt using it but it was taxed )

basically you have to sorn both
a) untaxed vehicles.
b) uninsured vehicles.

i paid and chucked FPN letter , when applying naturalisation i had to call dvla to confirm date of notice and penalty amount , which i put down in the AN Form..

you can still write a cover letter and send it to Dept 4 , Liverpool address.. better safe then sorry

although its not such serious offence or issue !! shouldnt cause a rejection ( remember they look for repetitive behaviour )

shmitsky
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by shmitsky » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:16 pm

I phoned them up and was advised to send a letter explaining the situation.
I've emailed the HO address just, so I've got some sort of a record and will follow up with a letter once I get home.

I'm super paranoid about it 😣