ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund - Query on statement date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ra_njan

Maintenance Fund - Query on statement date

Post by ra_njan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:20 pm

HI Guys,
I have deposited 3.5 lakh cash which I got converted from my onsite savings in Euros to Rupees on 4th March. So my maintenance fund completing 3 months on 3rd June.
So I thought of taking bank statement from 5th March - 4th June and apply on 6th June. I already booked appointmentwith vfs for 6th June.

will it be OK or they want statement month by month, like 1st march -31st June etc.

Please clarify.Thanks
Regards
Ranjan
ra_njan
---------------
Tier 1 Fresh Application from India
Application Date - 6th June 2008 from VFS Hyderabad
Fees taken - 6th June
Ref No. Allocated - 6th June
Status - Approved on 1st July
Documents Received - 3rd July

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:24 pm

You May have to show the source of this 3.5 lakh i guess.

ra_njan

Proof of inward amount of maintenance fund

Post by ra_njan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:29 am

As a documentary proof, I have the official stamped and signed travel Settlement document of the Euros given to me during my travel. And related e-mails which I can take printout.
Will it be OK as proof? Since I converted the Euro from local forex people they, have not given any document for that.

Regards
Ranjan
ra_njan
---------------
Fees taken - 6th June

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Just wondering , do we need to show the source of the money deposited if that is not covered in the 3 months bank statement for fund maintenance ?

Just as case of ra_njan. As he will take statement from 5th of march which will not show the credited tranasaction of 3.5 lacs.

Can anyone clarify this?

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:05 pm

here is what i understand :-

1) If you are showing this money in your salary a/c, then this will come in your statement which you will be showing in earning proof for last 12 months.

If the answer to point one is NO that means money is deposited in some other saving account. In my opinion to be safe side i will be happy to provide all documents for source for large transaction in my non salary account.
If we are fine from our end, Better provide all sources with the application, so that no question is raised in VO mind.

Well this just my personal opinion. What i have learned from this forum is provide maximum information you can and it should be genuine.

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:59 am

Thanks. I apreciate your explanation.
The maintenance fund a/c is different from my salary a/c.

However, if authentic document is available, then there is no reason why should not we submit the proof.

ranjan
ra_njan
---------------
Fees taken - 6th June

kiran_mannava
Newly Registered

UK tier 1

Post by kiran_mannava » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 am

I have deposited an amount of 2.5 lakhs between 15 March to 10 April. The account was once my salary account, but due to some reasons my salary account is changed in April. I have deposited this amount just becos I want to apply for Uk tier 1. Do you think this will make doubt for VO?

push
United Kingdom

Re: UK tier 1

Post by push » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:44 am

kiran_mannava wrote:I have deposited an amount of 2.5 lakhs between 15 March to 10 April. The account was once my salary account, but due to some reasons my salary account is changed in April. I have deposited this amount just becos I want to apply for Uk tier 1. Do you think this will make doubt for VO?
It might but you can mitigate the risk by providing a legitimate transaction proof for the deposit.

Kind regards,

push_hsmp

ganeshptrk

Hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:37 am

I am applying for Tier 1 (General) from India around June 15th. My query is "is it enough to show the bank statements for 1-Mar-08 to 31-May-08 which is 3 months prior to the date of application". Or the statement dates should be extended to 1 or 2 days before the application date?

Please clarify

I am only planning to show the statement for 1-Mar-08 to 31-May-08.

Thanks

gautamdheeraj
Newly Registered

Post by gautamdheeraj » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:41 pm

Be careful to choose these dates. As there is gap of around two weeks. Better you take statements from 1-mar-08 to 13-June-08. Check following post. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 8ad4c52522

- Dheeraj

vividprose
Newly Registered

Form of maintanance money

Post by vividprose » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi

I want to know the following about maintanance funds requirement:

1) I have an NRE account in $$$ (in one of the nationalized banks) and is always convertible into rupees, but conversion is not advisable from penalties applicable. It is in form of FDs. Is this OK?
2) Do I have to show the source? This has been open since last 3 years or so.

Thanks,
-vividprose

push
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by push » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:13 pm

ganeshptrk wrote:I am applying for Tier 1 (General) from India around June 15th. My query is "is it enough to show the bank statements for 1-Mar-08 to 31-May-08 which is 3 months prior to the date of application". Or the statement dates should be extended to 1 or 2 days before the application date?

Please clarify

I am only planning to show the statement for 1-Mar-08 to 31-May-08.

Thanks
The following from the tire 1 guidance note (India) should be self explanatory:

Documentary Requirements

C5.4 This evidence must be original, on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation and bearing the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation. For the purposes of paragraph 245G of the Immigration Rules, the documents specified are as follows:

1. Personal bank or equivalent statements covering the 3 month period immediately preceding the application.

regards,

push_hsmp

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:05 am

I would appreciate if someone can clear my doubts:

1. Can I show the money deposited in Bank Fixed Deposit?

2. I have an account with HSBC UK. The last deposit was made in Jan 2006. Can can show this money as maintanance fund.

3. I have lended my money to a company in 2006. Now I have taken back that money to show as maintanance fund. What should I mention for the source of this fund.

Please guide.

Thanks
Amit