ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrival Date or Visa Start Date Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Arrival Date or Visa Start Date Tier 2

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi,

Firstly thanks a ton for creator and helpful members of this site, its extremely helpful and I learned loads of new rules in past couple of hours reading all the posts. To clarify my own situation I have few questions based on following data.

I was granted Tier 2 Genera Visa outside UK on 29/05/2014 (Same date for my partner)
I arrived to UK on 21/06/2014 ( My Partner arrived 9 Aug i.e 1.5 months later)
Switched my Visa on 15/11/2019 (Same date for my partner)

Question

1) What is my eligible date ? I always thought its Day of first entry - 28 days but reading posts from sriaccount confused me.
  • 29/05 - 28 days
OR
  • 21/06/ - 28 days
2) My Old visa is on my old passport which has expired, do I need it to prove my original date?

3) Do I need any letter from my first employer ? it was just for 6 months.

4) IF the answer to 1st question is Day of first entry then I am thinking of applying it as per my partners eligibility so we can apply on same date -- If I apply 2 months before her, then does she need ILR dependent Visa for 2 months before she applies for her ILR?

5) Can I fill the online application and pay the money before my eligibility date ? Again, I read moderators reply to the user sriaccount that Date of Premium Appointment is considered as Date of Application, but he applied in October which was before the new system.

6) On following link it says https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres
Premium service centres are now closed.

You may still be able to pay for a faster decision when you apply for your visa or settlement online.
What does that mean? All premium and normal application centers are common ?

Cheers
-LR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Arrival Date or Visa Start Date Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:51 pm

1. It starts counting from date of visa issue for both of you.

2. No.

3. You need an ABSENCE letter from ALL employers. If you had no absence in those 6 months, then nothing is required.

4. See #1. Whatever you do, DO NOT apply for ILR dependent visa for dependent, it will RESET your partners clock to ZERO and a new 5 year route to ILR.

5. You should NOT apply before your are within the 28 day eligibility period. Note there are no longer 'premium service centres with same day decision' so be careful what advice you read as the application system has changed.

6. They are closed and no longer available to use. You must use the new UKVCAS system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Thanks for your lightening fast reply CR001, you are the best :).

One follow up question if thats okay.
Note there are no longer 'premium service centres with same day decision'
So what is the option that says you can opt for faster decision by paying the premium fees? Does it mean its fast but not 1 day?

It starts counting from date of visa issue for both of you.

This is such a great news. Christmas will arrive early for us :-). But this does make the ABSENCE counting process bit tricky for my partner as she got visa in end of May but she arrived to UK in Aug so does that count as ABSENCE for her? Even for me the difference is Visa granted and arrival is 25 days will it be counted as ABSENCE?
3. You need an ABSENCE letter from ALL employers. If you had no absence in those 6 months, then nothing is required.
wonderful, NO ABSENCE during those 6 months apart from those 25 days mentioned above.
DO NOT apply for ILR dependent visa for dependent, it will RESET your partners clock to ZERO
Thanks a ton for this info :shock: , you are a saviour
You should NOT apply before your are within the 28 day eligibility period
.. Thank god I confirmed it. So I will fill the online application after start of 28 days
Cheers
-LR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:52 pm

One follow up question if thats okay.
Note there are no longer 'premium service centres with same day decision'
So what is the option that says you can opt for faster decision by paying the premium fees? Does it mean its fast but not 1 day?
See links below of the new service.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/new-uk-visa- ... 67058.html

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
It starts counting from date of visa issue for both of you.

This is such a great news. Christmas will arrive early for us :-). But this does make the ABSENCE counting process bit tricky for my partner as she got visa in end of May but she arrived to UK in Aug so does that count as ABSENCE for her? Even for me the difference is Visa granted and arrival is 25 days will it be counted as ABSENCE?
There is NO absence limit for a PBS Dependent who have visas issued before 11th January 2018.
wonderful, NO ABSENCE during those 6 months apart from those 25 days mentioned above.
Still no letter required.
DO NOT apply for ILR dependent visa for dependent, it will RESET your partners clock to ZERO
Thanks a ton for this info :shock: , you are a saviour
:wink:
You should NOT apply before your are within the 28 day eligibility period
.. Thank god I confirmed it. So I will fill the online application after start of 28 days
:wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Thanks R001. Have a good one.