ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

firstier
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds

Post by firstier » Fri May 30, 2008 7:56 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply next month..... one query....

is it acceptable if I show the funds across two bank accounts;

e.g. adding my icici acct and citibank acct to show that I have over 2800 pounds consistently for the previous three months.

whereisthasummer
Newly Registered

Post by whereisthasummer » Fri May 30, 2008 8:34 am

Yes you can show funds across multiple bank accounts. Goodluck.

shubi81

Sucess !!!

Post by shubi81 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:08 am

Guys !!!! Its me once again back in the forum .................just wanted to share the news ...that I have got it !! I have got the Tier-1 approved ...!!

Applied on : 13/5 (VFS Kolkata)
Approved on: 29/5
Stamping from 29/5 for 3 yrs

As you know , I had some arguments with some senior members regd the maintenace fund n all (online statements etc)..but I stuck to my point & gave alternate evidences , even those were not mentioned at all anywhr .
So, have faith in urself ...& apply ur logical sense before doing anything ...I beleive the best idea comes from one's mind ..no one else can give U :-)

So, is thr only 2 guys from india who have got Tier-1 ..me & kaushal ?
Kaushal ..whts ur plan next ..I read somewhr (not fully sure) that u can spend arnd 1.5 months outside UK within 5 yrs to get permanent resident ...when r u going ?

Cheers
Shubi

ramesh1

alternate evidences?

Post by ramesh1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:02 pm

shubi81 can u pls let everyone know that what alternate evidences u have provided. Even i have NSC and FD certificates for Fund Maintenance but stuck up as they are not accepted. It seems u got it in 16 days? Great. U r help is highly appreciated

shubi81

Re: alternate evidences?

Post by shubi81 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:11 pm

To all,
I haven't done anything out of the blue ! First you have to stick to guidelines ..which I did ..i.e supply the minm info ..& it seems u r not aware of it as u r talking abt FD & NSC . Only savings /current/checking a/c is accepted ..i.e from whr u can withdraw money anytime.

My point is , if you are able to explain everything properly in ur coverletter ..that should be enough . Even I edited the coverletter in VFS office while submitting application .

I got the Visa in 12 working days , thats wht the VFS officer also told me that it take, but I really didn't expected so early .

Cheers
Shubi
ramesh1 wrote:shubi81 can u pls let everyone know that what alternate evidences u have provided. Even i have NSC and FD certificates for Fund Maintenance but stuck up as they are not accepted. It seems u got it in 16 days? Great. U r help is highly appreciated

apunan
Newly Registered

Post by apunan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi All,

Iam going to apply for EC next week. One small query reg maintenance:

1. On 6th Mar, my bank account has around 3300 GBP, so Iam planning to take the statement on 6th June to show 3 months. Will that be enough that way?

2. Is CA certificate a must for maintenance? I have only one bank account to show. Please advise.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Apunan

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:03 pm

Again I see an invention ..CA certificate !!
Good luck !
Buddy , u shud act as the CA for ur fund ...got it ??
apunan wrote:Hi All,

Iam going to apply for EC next week. One small query reg maintenance:

1. On 6th Mar, my bank account has around 3300 GBP, so Iam planning to take the statement on 6th June to show 3 months. Will that be enough that way?

2. Is CA certificate a must for maintenance? I have only one bank account to show. Please advise.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Apunan

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:07 am

Hi shubi81,

Congratulations !!!

I will be apply for Tier 1 in July and I have few confusion. It will be great if you could help me out.

1. The salary transactions in my bank statement shows 'SALARY FOR MMM YY' where MMM is month and YY is year like 07,08 etc.
My company name does not refelect here. Will there be any issues?

2. I dont have original bank statements for some months and I had asked ICICI to send me the statements for so and so period. I got that but the statement is just a color print out without any signature on it.
Is the statement acceptable or do I need to ask them to sign and stamp it ?

Thanks

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:42 pm

Manu345 wrote:Hi shubi81,

Congratulations !!!

I will be apply for Tier 1 in July and I have few confusion. It will be great if you could help me out.

1. The salary transactions in my bank statement shows 'SALARY FOR MMM YY' where MMM is month and YY is year like 07,08 etc.
My company name does not refelect here. Will there be any issues?

2. I dont have original bank statements for some months and I had asked ICICI to send me the statements for so and so period. I got that but the statement is just a color print out without any signature on it.
Is the statement acceptable or do I need to ask them to sign and stamp it ?

Thanks
Following are the answers to your questions:
1. It is not necessary that your company name should reflect in your passbook. They are concerned about the entry of figure not the name.

2. Yes, the statement sent from ICICI bank is a computer print out so it is not necessary to have signature on it.

Good Luck

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks nitmech

shashank2361

Query regarding previous earning

Post by shashank2361 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi Kaushal

First congratulation for your new pahse of carrier development,

I have a query regarding the earning in UK.
I am in Uk and getting UK allowance and Indian Salary
In the period during UK, the indian salary paid in india is 204474
and the Uk allowance is 14328,
My query is shall I uplift my indian salary INR 204474 for the period i am in Uk.

If i willuplift the equivalant earning would be 204474 * 5.3 / 87 = GBP

other wise it would be 204474 / 87 = GBP 2350.27

Regards
Shashank

firstier
Newly Registered

ICICI Account Statement

Post by firstier » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi,

Has anyone submitted the ICICI account statement issued from the bank.

The statement has ICICI logo and name on top but the paper used is ordinary paper (not hard or bond paper). The statement does not explicitly name each item.

for eg. the account number is displayed without the 'account number' description. i.e. just a number 9999999 and not Account Number: 9999999.

The bank has agreed to provide the signature and stamp.

Would this be acceptable

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Query regarding previous earning

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:57 pm

For the period you are / were in UK, you cannot uplift the income paid to you in India. Please read the policy guidance carefully.
shashank2361 wrote:If i willuplift the equivalant earning would be 204474 * 5.3 / 87 = GBP 12456.46. Other wise it would be 204474 / 87 = GBP 2350.27
regards

ganesh08in
Newly Registered

Post by ganesh08in » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:09 am

Hi,

I have a HSMP approval letter dated Feb 2008. I am planning to apply for my Entry Clearance in Mid of July.

In the Integra screening form they are asking the Bank contact details for verification purpose. I have an ICICI account, when I checked with my Bank they are not ready to give any contact details.

Some one in the group who have already applied for EC/Tier-one, please assist me.

Regards,
Ganesh

vividprose
Newly Registered

Query for salary, funds, age, marriage documents

Post by vividprose » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Hello

Pls answer my following questions as I plan to apply during next month:

1) Is the salary slip requirement for past 12 months or 15 months? I get different views on this from different sources - so confused.

2) Do all the salary slips (printouts) have to bear the stamp from company official?
If yes, if some slips are from the previous employer, how does one get them?

3) Maintanance of funds:
Is NRI account (with funds in $$) with fix deposit acceptable?

4) Birth certificate in regional language and NOT IN ENGLISH. Is this OK?

5) My spouse also wishes to apply as dependant. Query # 4 again with regard to marriage certificate - pls answer.

Thanks for all you guys help,
-vividprose

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:25 am

Which INTEGRA form are you using? From what I know, INTEGRA does not verify the bank accounts. This used to be true for HSMP till last year. have they changed the process since?

regards,

push_hsmp

ganesh08in wrote:Hi,

I have a HSMP approval letter dated Feb 2008. I am planning to apply for my Entry Clearance in Mid of July.

In the Integra screening form they are asking the Bank contact details for verification purpose. I have an ICICI account, when I checked with my Bank they are not ready to give any contact details.

Some one in the group who have already applied for EC/Tier-one, please assist me.

Regards,
Ganesh

ganesh08in
Newly Registered

Post by ganesh08in » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:22 am

In Bangalore VFS, from April 10 they are using a new Integra form in which they ask for the all details which were there in the old form, in addition they have introduced a Maintenace Section, there they ask for the Bank Name, Branch, contact person name, telephone number, type of account..

Regards,
Ganesh

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:08 am

The official conversion rate for all the Indian application is Rs.85 = 1 GBP
Rajesh.Nadhe wrote:Hi,

This is regarding Currency Conversion of Maintenance Funds.

I am planning to apply from India and maintaining my funds in INR those are equivalent to 2800 GBP. But looking towards the current fluctuations in Currency Exchange Rates, I was wondering like which Conversion Rate would be considered for Maintenance Funds assessment. I mean would that be the INR to GBP Exchange Rate on the Date of Application or the Date of Assessment?

This is very important to know since the Exchange Rate of GBP has gone close to 83 Rs. per British Pound from Rs 79 since last few days. Looking towards this fact we need to know how much excess funds we must have in account in order to face the currency exchange rate fluctuations.

Please guide on this.

Thanks n Regards,
Rajesh

nitmech

Re: ICICI Account Statement

Post by nitmech » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:21 am

They have nothing to do with the quality of the paper and they are mature enough to find the contact details from the bank. Please do not worry and submit the ICICI bank statements.
firstier wrote:Hi,

Has anyone submitted the ICICI account statement issued from the bank.

The statement has ICICI logo and name on top but the paper used is ordinary paper (not hard or bond paper). The statement does not explicitly name each item.

for eg. the account number is displayed without the 'account number' description. i.e. just a number 9999999 and not Account Number: 9999999.

The bank has agreed to provide the signature and stamp.

Would this be acceptable

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:22 am

It is not mandetory to provide contact name and details. You will have to mention the branch address only.
ganesh08in wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Ganesh

nitmech

Re: Query for salary, funds, age, marriage documents

Post by nitmech » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:29 am

1) Is the salary slip requirement for past 12 months or 15 months? I get different views on this from different sources - so confused.
It is not mandatory to submit salary slips. You will need to provide the proof of your monthly income, you can also submit the bank passbook or statement showing the credit of your salary.
2) Do all the salary slips (printouts) have to bear the stamp from company official?
If yes, if some slips are from the previous employer, how does one get them?
Computer generated salary slips do not require any signatures.
3) Maintanance of funds:
Is NRI account (with funds in $$) with fix deposit acceptable?
Please visit to the nearest VFS branch in this regard
4) Birth certificate in regional language and NOT IN ENGLISH. Is this OK?
Do not confuse the visa officer by submitting such birth certificate. Submit your passport as a proof of age, it is more than enough.
5) My spouse also wishes to apply as dependant. Query # 4 again with regard to marriage certificate - pls answer.
My suggestion is not to apply for your dependent with you, it will cost you Rs.51000 for each application. Let your application gets approved first, then opt to apply for dependents.

desparado
Newly Registered

Post by desparado » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:34 pm

This may be the dumbest question to all, but as I have recently started collecting info on Tier1 for UK, I have these questions in mind:
1) Tier1 is a two stage process like HSMP(like hsmp approval +EC)? In short after Tier1 do I have go for EC, or can I enter UK after Tie1 approval?
2) Like in HSMP, is there any time limit to enter UK after approval (there was 6 months limit in HSMP)???
3) Will it make a difference in terms of documentation required & eligiblity if I apply for Tier1 from India or from UK???

These question may sound dumb, but I have tried searching for the answere without any fruit.

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Oh mate !! answers
1) NO , 1 step process ..passport is stamped in 1 step
2)No , within 3 yrs i.e initial tenure
3) Yes ..read BIA website properly ...mainly diff in maintenace fund , which is 2800 while in india

-------------------------------
Applied Tier1in India :13/5/08
Approved : 29/5/08
desparado wrote:This may be the dumbest question to all, but as I have recently started collecting info on Tier1 for UK, I have these questions in mind:
1) Tier1 is a two stage process like HSMP(like hsmp approval +EC)? In short after Tier1 do I have go for EC, or can I enter UK after Tie1 approval?
2) Like in HSMP, is there any time limit to enter UK after approval (there was 6 months limit in HSMP)???
3) Will it make a difference in terms of documentation required & eligiblity if I apply for Tier1 from India or from UK???

These question may sound dumb, but I have tried searching for the answere without any fruit.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:14 pm

No question is dumb if it has been asked in right earnest and as most of the members would say that it has been posted after the member could not find an answer to, himself, after "some effort". So I will leave that judgement to you only.
Tier 1 is a one stage process which consolidated approval and VISA stamping (EC/LTR) together. You can enter UK once you have Tier-1
Frankly speaking, I have always been under the impression that there was no "legal" limit to when you one could enter after getting the EC. I hope you are not confusing it with the time limit of applying for EC after the initial HSMP approval letter. But I would stand corrected, if this is not so.
Only with regards to the maintenance funds requirement and that too when you apply before 29th June. Additionally, ECO in India seem to be more concerned about the sources of funds, some of other things which I cant recall on the fly.

sharbt_hvr

Showed FD +SB for maintainance:Got Tier 1(Fresh application)

Post by sharbt_hvr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi,

For me it was plain 21 days I got visa approved for 3 yrs.
One more thing I had showed FD (instantly encashable) as maintainance proof,

Details:
Appln Submitted :May 14th (BLR vfs)
Stamped : June 4th
Integra: No IDEA

Tons of thanks for kaushal316 , i had done same whatever he has told in
the covering letter.
Also ,no accommodation and job search proof.

Rgds,
sharbt_hvr