ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from business to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Switching from business to spouse visa

Post by brenn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 pm

In short: Do you have to change your BRP because of a name change even if you are applying for a spouse visa and it hasn't been 3 months yet?

Hi everyone, I'm in the UK on a business visa and recently got married (less than 3 months ago), just got my name officially changed/got my new passport this week, and now I'm about to apply for the spouse visa. Gov website says you must apply to change your BRP if your details change, within 3 months, and there is a £161 (!) fee. But since it hasn't been 3 months and I am already in the process of applying for a spouse visa, could I just apply with my current BRP that has my maiden name written on it (along with my old and new passports, etc)?

Additionally: I've just got an appointment to register my name change at the police station next week. But I don't know if they will have any problems with me having my maiden name on my BRP?

I would really appreciate any advice!

My solicitor is not sure and I don't want to take the risk of having my visa application rejected because of this. I've asked citizen advice bureau and they just told me what I've read on the government website.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from business to spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:35 pm

What 'business visa' exactly is it that you are holding and its validity?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by brenn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:35 pm
It's a Turkish businessperson visa to work as a self employed business owner, it's not expiring for another 2 years.

brenn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by brenn » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:35 pm
Is having a Turkish businessperson visa a problem in this situation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 pm

It should be fine to switch.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.