ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appendix 2 - Part 3A - Financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eclectic

Any maintenance funds required for FLR(M)

Post by eclectic » Wed May 02, 2018 11:51 am

Hi,

My wife's spouse visa is due for renewal in few months - I am aware of a combined £18,600 income requirement but I am wondering if we also need to show certain maintenance funds in our bank account?

can someone please advise, thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Any maintenance funds required for FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:06 pm

if we also need to show certain maintenance funds in our bank account?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eclectic

FLR (M) - Length of stay questions

Post by eclectic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I am currently filling out this FLR(M) form online (seems to be quite different from the postal one) and have 2 questions on it so far- if anyone can offer some advice please.

1. How long have you stayed in the UK

My wife initially came to UK with me when I was on a tier 1 general visa back in 2013, she then returned home to complete her studies for about 9 months in 2015 (her visa expired in 2015 while she was in her home country) -in a meanwhile I got my ILR and then applied for a spouse visa for her- she returned to UK in 2016 on spouse visa. now I assume when answering this question, I need to include the years from 2013 rather than 2016? is that correct?

2. time spent outside UK

Me and my wife have been to various countries for short term holiday visits over the years including her absence above- would she be required to mention all those absences since 2013? including short holiday visits? there will be too many...and will that have an impact on her extension?

would appreciate if someone could give their input on this. thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) - Length of stay questions

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Spouse visa has no limit on absence from uk. Just declare all absences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm
Thanks for your reply Seagul- but you reckon we need to mention the absences for the duration of current spouse visa only or all absences since she first came to UK on a different visa category?

ALso, time in UK would count from her first arrival here? reason I ask is because she went back to her country when her visa expired and came back after 9 months under a new visa category.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:32 am

eclectic wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 am
seagul wrote:
Thanks for your reply Seagul- but you reckon we need to mention the absences for the duration of current spouse visa only or all absences since she first came to UK on a different visa category?

ALso, time in UK would count from her first arrival here? reason I ask is because she went back to her country when her visa expired and came back after 9 months under a new visa category.

Thanks

No harm in mentioning absences from first time arrival.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:09 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:32 am
eclectic wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 am
seagul wrote:

Thanks

No harm in mentioning absences from first time arrival.
Thanks Seagul.

eclectic

Appendix 2 - Part 3A - Financial requirements

Post by eclectic » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:49 am

Hi Guys,

I just need some clarification regarding financial requirement for FLR (M) .

my basic salary has been fixed at £50K for 2 years but I have been earning commission/bonus on top - so my overall Gross/net salary has been fluctuating. Am I right to select below option? it's basically prompting me to submit 12 months bank statements rather than 6 with first option- not that I mind but just wondering if I am selecting the right option. see below options I think I need to select in red

Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application? (Required)

Yes

No

What do they earn? (Required)

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Appendix 2 - Part 3A - Financial requirements

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:55 am

eclectic wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:49 am
Hi Guys,

my basic salary has been fixed at £50K for 2 years but I have been earning commission/bonus on top - so my overall Gross/net salary has been fluctuating. Am I right to select below option? it's basically prompting me to submit 12 months bank statements rather than 6 with first option- not that I mind but just wondering if I am selecting the right option. see below options I think I need to select in red

Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application? (Required)

Yes

No

You should open your own thread but anyways see below answer.
Your fixed wages will fall under category A salaried person while all bonuses/commission will have to calculate under category A non-salaried person approach which should be added back to your fixed wages to get the actual annual figure of wages.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:08 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:55 am
eclectic wrote:
Hi Guys,

Yes

No

Your fixed wages will fall under category A salaried person while all bonuses/commission will have to calculate under category A non-salaried person approach which should be added back to your fixed wages to get the actual annual figure of wages.
I just didn't want to create too many threads for the same topic- but will do in future if that works better here..

So you're saying I need to include my basic wage under salaried income and then add commission/bonus as a separate source of income under non-salaried? both basic and commission are on my payslips.and I don't earn commission/bonus every month.

Also, if financial requirement is satisfied with only my basic salary only, should I even bother adding non-salaried part? my only concern with that is that it will not co-relate with my payslips or net wages in the account. but can always explain in the cover letter I suppose.

My wife is working as well and I can include hers too but again I wonder if I need to provided I can satisfy the financial requirement myself. too many docs to send otherwise..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:15 am

eclectic wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:08 am
seagul wrote:
eclectic wrote:
Hi Guys,

Yes

No

I just didn't want to create too many threads for the same topic- but will do in future if that works better here..

So you're saying I need to include my basic wage under salaried income and then add commission/bonus as a separate source of income under non-salaried? both basic and commission are on my payslips.and I don't earn commission/bonus every month.

Also, if financial requirement is satisfied with only my basic salary only, should I even bother adding non-salaried part? my only concern with that is that it will not co-relate with my payslips or net wages in the account. but can always explain in the cover letter I suppose.

My wife is working as well and I can include hers too but again I wonder if I need to provided I can satisfy the financial requirement myself. too many docs to send otherwise..
You can't ignore your commission/bonuses if they are appearing on payslips and getting crediting in bank statement although your basic wages is sufficient. Even if you not receiving bonuses/ commission regularly still use same non-salaried approach. And preferably don't use your partner's wages because it will increase more paper work.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:26 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Noted, thanks

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:39 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:15 am
eclectic wrote:
seagul wrote:
eclectic wrote:
Hi Guys,

Yes

No

You can't ignore your commission/bonuses if they are appearing on payslips and getting crediting in bank statement although your basic wages is sufficient. Even if you not receiving bonuses/ commission regularly still use same non-salaried approach. And preferably don't use your partner's wages because it will increase more paper work.
ok, thanks seagul

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:34 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:15 am
eclectic wrote:
seagul wrote:
eclectic wrote:
Hi Guys,

Yes

No

So the non-salaried approach is not even an option on the new online form- you are correct as per the guidance Aug 2017 but with new online form, you only get below options- commissions/bonuses do not fall under non-employment income as they have defined it as

Income from property rental
Dividends or other income from stock and shares, bonds and trust funds
Interest from savings
Maintenence payments
UK Maternity Allowance, Bereavement Allowance, Bereavement Payment and Widowed Parent's Allowance
Payments under the War Pensions Scheme, the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and the Armed Forces Attributable Benefits Scheme
A maintenance grant or stipend (not a loan) associated with undergraduate or postgraduate study or research
Ongoing insurance payments
Ongoing payments from a structured legal settlement
Ongoing royalty payments

Select income types

Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement? (Required)
You must select all types of income you will rely on from yourself, your partner or any over 18 applying children. See Appendix FM 1.7 for guidance on the types of income you can use and combine.

Employment

Self-employment

Non-employment income

Pension

Cash savings

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 am

You select employment and salaried employee. You are a salaried employee because your minimum pay and hours are are fixed. Everyone gets a overtime etc now and then. You are not an non-salaried employee.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:20 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 am
You select employment and salaried employee. You are a salaried employee because your minimum pay and hours are are fixed. Everyone gets a overtime etc now and then. You are not an non-salaried employee.
sure, but the question is then, do I select , the same or
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:33 am

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount - you put the annual rate you were at 6 month previous to application date and if there was any increase in annual salary you mention it on the employers letter
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:54 pm

As replied earlier that your bonuses/commission will be calculated by non-salaried approach then add back to your fixed wages under salaried person income.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:39 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:54 pm
As replied earlier that your bonuses/commission will be calculated by non-salaried approach then add back to your fixed wages under salaried person income.
I get the approach but I need to address the questions on the form and choices are

a)The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

b)The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

c)Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

d)Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

can you just kindly point out the which of above will be applicable to me? I initially thought it's option C as my overall gross/net wage varies each month because of commission element which is shown separately on my payslip.

but Londoner007 is suggesting it's option a and that I can explain the variable part of commission in the cover letter?

Just to clarify my paylips will show

Gross Wages: (fixed amount for last 1 year now)
Commission: variable amount paid in certain months

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:50 pm

eclectic wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:39 pm
seagul wrote:
I get the approach but I need to address the questions on the form and choices are

can you just kindly point out the which of above will be applicable to me? I initially thought it's option C as my overall gross/net wage varies each month because of commission element which is shown separately on my payslip.

but Londoner007 is suggesting it's option a and that I can explain the variable part of commission in the cover letter?

Since the commission/bonuses shows on same payslips and also adds into basic wages then definitely they need to be accounted for. As they get vary the basic wages then in my opinion the correct option will be C but you should definitely write a covering letter along with employer letter about it. Don't use option A because your basic fixed wages get varied due to bonus/commission and since they are part of your wages so focus on your overall gross wages to answer the relevant options. So the option c is better.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:50 pm
eclectic wrote:
seagul wrote:

Since the commission/bonuses shows on same payslips and also adds into basic wages then definitely they need to be accounted for. As they get vary the basic wages then in my opinion the correct option will be C but you should definitely write a covering letter along with employer letter about it. Don't use option A because your basic fixed wages get varied due to bonus/commission and since they are part of your wages so focus on your overall gross wages to answer the relevant options. So the option c is better.
agreed, that makes more sense

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:58 pm

eclectic wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 pm
seagul wrote:
eclectic wrote:
seagul wrote:

obviously the difference between selecting the 2 options is providing 12 months payslips and statements under option c as compared to 6 months under option a but I don't have an issue with that.

You reckon the employer letter just needs to confirm fixed wage and overall OTE for the year or does it need to provide breakdown of all 12 months between wages and commission?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 pm

eclectic wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:58 pm
eclectic wrote:
seagul wrote:
eclectic wrote:

obviously the difference between selecting the 2 options is providing 12 months payslips and statements under option c as compared to 6 months under option a but I don't have an issue with that.

You reckon the employer letter just needs to confirm fixed wage and overall OTE for the year or does it need to provide breakdown of all 12 months between wages and commission?

Yes employer letter must state overtime too and if possible then even employer can give the average total of bonus/commission of last 12 months and the same comes under non-salaried approach.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:03 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 pm
eclectic wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:58 pm
eclectic wrote:
seagul wrote:

Yes employer letter must state overtime too and if possible then even employer can give the average total of bonus/commission of last 12 months and the same comes under non-salaried approach.
commission is not based on overtime, its for bringing in new business for the company and bonus for achieving target. but even without commission/bonus my basic is well above financial requirment.