ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super-easy peasy PEO appointment request

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Super-easy peasy PEO appointment request

Post by RobinLondon » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Hi there...

I just wanted to share how easy it was for me to book my PEO appointment in Croydon in four weeks time. I was a bit cautious after reading how difficult it has been for other people. Upon ringing the number at 9:30 this morning, I waited all of three minutes before someone came to the phone. And she was very helpful and friendly. Here was the transcript of our conversation:

HO lady: What are you applying for?

Me: Indefinite Leave to Remain

HO lady: On what basis?

Me: UK ancestry

HO lady: Have you been here five years?

Me: Yep, as of the first of July

HO lady: Do you have any dependents?

Me: Nope

HO lady: Have you passed your KOL test?

Me: Yep, two years ago

HO lady: Crikey, you're keen!

Me: Yeah...you've got no idea.

And that was that. I could take a pick of any time I wanted on Friday the 4th, which I had requested. She took my details and gave me a booking number that I'll have to share with the guard on the day. I also must appear 30 minutes before my actual appointment to go through security.

So that was that. Hopefully it augurs toward a painless experience on the actual day!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Robin, I think it is clear that the appointment system has been improved somewhat of late. For example, no longer does one ring the specific number for the PEO concerned. There is just one number to ring for all five PEOs, and why not, they can now have a dedicated team just booking appointments, which was previously not a full-time job for anyone in the smaller PEOs.
John

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:10 am

They can even make the appointment system on-line like how they have for DVLA driving tests or Visa booking appointments.. which can reduce 'manual labour' !

With the increase in FEES, i feel they'll put a system in place soon ;-)

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 pm

Could someone please tell me generally how many days before one needs to ring in order to get an appointment. How long is the appointment for?