ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds for HSMP Dependent VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandark
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds for HSMP Dependent VISA

Post by chandark » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi All,

I got my EC approved on 29th of March and i am planning to travel to uk around 15th of june. I do not have a job offer as of now.

Before i leave for the UK i want to apply for my dependents VISA (Wife + Kid).

I am really confused with regards to the maintenance funds requirement.

As per VFS i have to maintain a minimum balance of 3200 pounds for 3 months for both my dependents. I have maintained this amount for the past 4 months and no issues on this front.

Along with this 3200 pounds do i need to add 2800 pounds (Maintenance funds for me) as well?

If yes then i have maintained the total amount i.e. 6000 pounds only from april 29th.

Am i in a good position to apply for my dependents visa right now or should i wait for another 2 months before i apply it?

Can someone please share their views in this regards.

Thanks
Chandar

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:25 pm

Did you use the same amount (GBP 3200 - which you have been maintaining for last 4 months) to support your own application i.e. GBP 2800? If yes, you should not be including those GBP 2800 as being available to your dependents. I am not sure but the ECO might dig into your papers and reject their application.

chandark
Newly Registered

Post by chandark » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:14 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. I had 3.76 lacs in my A/C at the time of my EC application i.e from Feb 29th Onwards. I got my EC approval on Mar 29th and till April 29th the balance was never greater than 4.2 lacs which is less than the required amount of 6000 Pounds (For all the 3 People).

I have had 8.2 lacs only from April 29th Onwards.

So is it better to wait for another 2 months to apply for my dependents VISA or can i apply right now?

Thanks & Regards
Chandar