ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 G to ILR, delayed case need to leave country by emergency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

user1981
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 G to ILR, delayed case need to leave country by emergency

Post by user1981 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:25 am

Hi everybody!
I am currently on the Tier 2 general and have applied to ILR in the middle of July. Unfortunately until now I didn't got any update on my case (and by the way didn't succeed to obtain even personal data which Home Office should send in 30 days as they claim on the site).

Now I need to leave the country by some personal circumstances and seems the only way I can do this is to get emergency documents from embassy (without straight refusal of the case).

Could you correct my thoughts:
According to the Section 3C, my valid leave will be stopped when I leave the country (yes it was stupid not to extend Tier 2 for the last 6-th year before applying to ILR but it is and I am from visa country).
But according to the Home Office documents the processing of the case does not stop if person left the country by another travel documents... so in theory the show will go on.

So, should my employer keep paying me my salary when I am out of the country until ILR decision is made? I am still able to make some job remotely and employer ready to do this. Or better to skip it?
Without valid leave and without staying in the country it look like my work will be illegal isn't it?

Yes, I know it's decreasing chances to get ILR significantly but I have quite complicated case (a lot of business trips and 4 months unpaid leave related with death of close relative in 2014) so the chances to get ILR looks not too high anyway.

Thank you!

user1981
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 G to ILR, delayed case need to leave country by emergency

Post by user1981 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Any recommendation in this situation? :cry:

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:26 am

If you are not bothered about your ILR, you can leave the UK with another passport (more info)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

user1981
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by user1981 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 am

>If you are not bother with your ILR

say I am bother but suppose I SHALL leave UK by emergency

> leave the UK with another passport

Yes, I read this topic, in my case it's not a passport but another sort of emergency document.

I am not planning to re-enter to the UK until decision is made, and I am not withdrawing the documents from HO, so even if I am not allowed to re-enter I don't see the paragraph which telling about immediate refuse of the ILR application after person left the country.

The question is: should I be paid after my leave of the UK until ILR decision is made (or: am I allowed to be paid?) without direct breaking the immigration law as my 3C leave will be not valid anymore?

dalta41

Post by dalta41 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 am

user1981 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 am
>If you are not bother with your ILR

say I am bother but suppose I SHALL leave UK by emergency

> leave the UK with another passport

Yes, I read this topic, in my case it's not a passport but another sort of emergency document.

I am not planning to re-enter to the UK until decision is made, and I am not withdrawing the documents from HO, so even if I am not allowed to re-enter I don't see the paragraph which telling about immediate refuse of the ILR application after person left the country.

The question is: should I be paid after my leave of the UK until ILR decision is made (or: am I allowed to be paid?) without direct breaking the immigration law as my 3C leave will be not valid anymore?
Did you get reply for ILR?