ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Salary increase - Delayed in update to UKVI

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ratesting
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Salary increase - Delayed in update to UKVI

Post by ratesting » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi Guru,

I'm really stressed with my issue and i really hope get some help here..

I'm on Tier 2 Visa and due to be eligible for an ILR in April 2019.

I'm having problem with 2 key issues:

1). On my last performance review in the month of August 2018, my salary was increased from £28500 to £38200. And as per guidelines this activity need to be reported to UKVI within 10 working days by Employer.

On recent meeting i came to know they haven't updated this activity to UKVI and it has been 4 months.

2).I have come to know as i was paid gross pay short of £100 for this month towards my account.

After meeting with Employer:

Employer has admitted their mistakes and ready to update and make corrections.

My question is, Is this a good idea to update to UKVI now? If, what will be the best reason to give to an update? Do I have to put it on writing to UKVI ?

Or shall i leave it for now as it is, and produce a letter (which i will get from employer) to UKVI, when they ask me at my ILR appointment date?

And about £100 shortage how can i deal with that?

I have been reading this website a lot and can see lot of threads got solved and i really hope my problem will be solved too.

Please group i really hope you will help from this situation.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Salary increase - Delayed in update to UKVI

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:12 pm

You might want to prepare yourself for a delay in your ILR as an almost £10,000 increase is VERY unusual and will be an instant red flag to HO, which might trigger an investigation and visit to your sponsor.

What is your SOC??

Have your duties or your job title or SOC changed?

Did everyone get such huge increases??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ratesting
Newly Registered
India

Post by ratesting » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I don't mind to wait but how long for do you think. But what you think i should at this time?

My SOC code is 2213.

No duties, job title and SOC code have been changed.

Salary reviews was only on Manager level position and another person criteria same as mine.

Your response would be appreciated.

Thanks

ratesting
Newly Registered
India

Post by ratesting » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 am

Please Group,

You suggestions will be more helpful.

Thanks

ratesting
Newly Registered
India

Post by ratesting » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi Group ,

Can you please anyone suggest me on this issue as how to approach UKVI?
Can i just inform to UKVI now saying it has been a mistake as employer forgot to inform or shall we leave as it is ?

Please CROO1, can you suggest me something as you have seen many issues in this group.

I don't mind if someone can PM me to discuss further.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Can you please anyone suggest me on this issue as how to approach UKVI?
Can i just inform to UKVI now saying it has been a mistake as employer forgot to inform or shall we leave as it is ?

Please CROO1, can you suggest me something as you have seen many issues in this group.
It is not up to you to inform HO. It is your sponsors duty to do so if it is an increase outside of the normal company annual increase system. Note also that an almost £10k increase will be a big red flag to HO when you apply for ILR.
I don't mind if someone can PM me to discuss further.

You don't have PM access and I don't offer advice via PM as my signature below clearly states.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vish86
Newly Registered

Post by vish86 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi,

I had the same issue where i got a 10K salary increase. My employer forgot to update the SMS system but we decided to update it anyways almost 2 months later. I applied for my ILR on 13th October at the Sheffield premium service center but didn't get a decision on the same day due to the huge salary increase just 3 months before my ILR application.

On 14th Nov, we got a surprise home office visit which went very well and I got my ILR last week. I had a good reason for the salary increase as our company won a huge court case against xxxxxxx last year. You can expect some delay in your application due to the salary increase but if you have a valid reason for the salary increase, you should get your ILR (eventually). If your application is delayed, i suggest you have all documents ready for a surprise home office visit. Check out the Sponsorship duties for employers. Also, get the business card of the compliance officer. I emailed the compliance officer to push my application and within a few days, I got my ILR.

All the best.

ratesting
Newly Registered
India

Post by ratesting » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi Vish86,

Thank you very much for your reply and really appreciate for sharing.

Do you think you can share UKVI interview experience and questions you had to answer.

Thank you

vish86
Newly Registered

Post by vish86 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:22 am

Hi,

I was expecting a letter or an email asking for additional information of the salary increase and not a compliance visit as I've been working for the same company for nearly 8 years and the company is quite well known. But the compliance officer came unannounced and we had no time to prepare. Our legal team suggested to go ahead with the my interview the same day and the compliance officer to visit the next day to interview the level 1 user as she wasn't in the office the first day. It was a very nerve wrecking few hours as i didn't know what to expect but the compliance officer was very professional and not intimidating. My interview was for about an hour so i don't remember all the questions but here are some.

1. When I first came to the UK.
2. When I joined the company and at what role.
3. Who my first interview was with.
4. What my initial salary was, progression in salaries.
5. What my current role is. Mine is in marketing so I showed her some daily tasks, marketing material I was working on etc.
6. Which teams I work with. Who I interact with everyday.
7. Asked trivial things like 'Show me your laptop', 'Open your HR systems', 'Where do you log your holidays'
8. Last salary increase. Why was there such a jump. I explained that noone in my company got a salary increase for a few years as we were downsizing etc. We wont a court battle with a large company last year and business has been booming since then and salaries for select people have been increased. Showed evidence of the court case and the judgement.

I speak to a lot of clients in my role so I'm used to talking to new people so I didn't have get too nervous in the interview. It was more like a conversation. The more confident you are with your side of the story, the lesser they probe into your answers.

The next day, the compliance officer had a 2 hour interview with the level 1 user/HR. I'm not sure of the questions. There were the nature of the questions.

1. History of the company
2. Checked all the documents the level 1 user is supposed to hold. My visa and passport copies, history of my residential addresses (in paper or in the HR system), p60 of all my years in the company, proof that the company is paying to my bank account, Passport copies of all the employees of the office to verify everyone is entitled to work in the UK, companies revenue and returns.
3. My job description on paper. Make sure the level 1 user is aware of your SOC code and job description. What you say and what the level 1 user say about your duties should be aligned.
4.Copies of my job contract(s).

If there are any additional documents required, the company can send them by email to the compliance officer after the visit.

Ensure your company has all the documents set out in https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... appendix-d

All the best!

ratesting
Newly Registered
India

Post by ratesting » Sat May 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi Group,

I just wanted to update my outcome and it might helpful for someone.

Set (O) Tier 2 - ILR Application

Super Priority Service

Submit application : 24/04/2019
Biometrics done on : 25/04/2019 ; 09:30 AM
Decision email: 25/04/2019 ; 14:00 PM (Granted ILR)
Approval Letter Received on: 01/05/2019
BRP Received by DX : 01/05/2019.

Explained briefly about Salary increase and detailed about Delay in updates too.

Thank you very much CR001 and Vish86.

All the best
Best wishes...

jetterpace
Newly Registered
India

Post by jetterpace » Mon May 06, 2019 1:41 am

Hi ratesting,

Good to hear the outcome of your case and that it was positive.

I also have a similar issue and would you be kind enough to provide where and how you explained your situation? I have an understanding that as per new process you don't get an opportunity to explain your case except that you have to go for biometrics on your appointment and rest all documents are just uploaded on that same day or prior.

Many thanks,

ratesting
Newly Registered
India

Post by ratesting » Sat May 18, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Jetterpace,

Thank you and sorry for delayed in reply.

You have to explain your case completely in a covering letter stated exactly what your are and your history including any kind of issues, need to highlighted.

In my situation, i have explained everything in covering letter and uploaded the letter along with rest of documents at the time of biometrics.

In that case, Covering letter will help them to assess the application thoroughly.

All the best !