ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR after spouse visa for 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Prn1402
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying ILR after spouse visa for 5 years

Post by Prn1402 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 am

Hi, I would like to know when the earliest I can apply ILR visa? I got spouse Visa about 5 years. I entry to the UK the first time (after I got spouse visa) on 15 April 2014.
And I were out of the UK 29 October 2017 and came back to the UK on 10 February 2018.
So Can I apply ILR visa on 16 April 2019 as I absent about 105 days in 5 years?
Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Applying ILR after spouse visa for 5 years

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 am

Prn1402 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 am
Hi, I would like to know when the earliest I can apply ILR visa? I got spouse Visa about 5 years. I entry to the UK the first time (after I got spouse visa) on 15 April 2014.
And I were out of the UK 29 October 2017 and came back to the UK on 10 February 2018.
So Can I apply ILR visa on 16 April 2019 as I absent about 105 days in 5 years?
Many thanks.
There is no absence limit for a Spouse visa. You can apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you first entered the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Prn1402
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

English test for ILR visa

Post by Prn1402 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 am

Hi, I’m applying for ILR (indefinite leave to remain) visa (In 5 years rules).

“Quoted”
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:
* it’s on the current list of recognised tests
* it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
“Unquoted”

As part of the next step of my immigration I am required to submit an IELTS test certificate. From looking at the information available online I’m unsure whether I can submit my older IELTS Academic test certificate from 12th October 2013, or if I am required to take a new IELTS for UKVI test. Please could anyone clarify this for me?
Ps. I’m so confused about Ielts Academic and Ielts for UKVI. Are they the same?
Many thanks.

Deltaalpha
Newly Registered
India

Re: English test for ILR visa

Post by Deltaalpha » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:05 am

Hi,

As per my personal experience it’s best to write B1 SELT exam it’s very easy compared to ielts. You will get result on same day and certificate in a week.

Prn1402
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prn1402 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi Deltaalpha,

Thank you so much for your comment. Actually I meant I would like to use the old Ielts but it seems like Will have a problem. I think for makes sure I’m gonna get a new B1 test. 🙂

Prn1402
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prn1402 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:40 pm

HI Casa,

Thank you so much for your comment. 🙂

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: English test for ILR visa

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Prn1402 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 am
Hi, I’m applying for ILR (indefinite leave to remain) visa (In 5 years rules).

“Quoted”
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:
* it’s on the current list of recognised tests
* it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
“Unquoted”

As part of the next step of my immigration I am required to submit an IELTS test certificate. From looking at the information available online I’m unsure whether I can submit my older IELTS Academic test certificate from 12th October 2013, or if I am required to take a new IELTS for UKVI test. Please could anyone clarify this for me?
Ps. I’m so confused about Ielts Academic and Ielts for UKVI. Are they the same?
Many thanks.
YOU are not providing Full detail about your imm history ....eg did they accept that cert last TWO TIMES ?
IELTS comes in two formats ACADEMIC and General ... but the speaking and listening is the same in both. so I assume it will be ok ..I do know for FLR m they asked for just only the speaking and listening, i assume its the same for ILR ... do please keep updating here with any info ... Good luck
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

Prn1402
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prn1402 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi SAMISPOUSAL,

Thank you for your comment. I used old Ielts that I tested it in 2013 for apply spouse visa in 2014. It was approved. Then I got a new test in 2016 at Trinity College for apply spouse visa as Home Office Changed the rule about English requirements. And now I just checked all details what I need for apply ILR visa after I hold 5 years spouse visa. Then I found out that I can use English certificate ran out for apply ILR visa but it has to be in the list! In the list shows “Ielts for UKVI” and changed the name of certificate too. That why I would like to know it’s the same as my old one? But I still cannot find anywhere to make it’s clear about this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:53 am

You can only use an old test IF it is at English B1 level AND it is a test and provider still on HO's list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prn1402
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prn1402 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:01 am

Hi CR001,

Thank you for your comment. Umm I think I should get a new test for makes sure.

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 am

Prn1402 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Hi SAMISPOUSAL,

Thank you for your comment. I used old Ielts that I tested it in 2013 for apply spouse visa in 2014. It was approved. Then I got a new test in 2016 at Trinity College for apply spouse visa as Home Office Changed the rule about English requirements. And now I just checked all details what I need for apply ILR visa after I hold 5 years spouse visa. Then I found out that I can use English certificate ran out for apply ILR visa but it has to be in the list! In the list shows “Ielts for UKVI” and changed the name of certificate too. That why I would like to know it’s the same as my old one? But I still cannot find anywhere to make it’s clear about this.
You took IELTS exam and that cert was accepted to enter UK .....IELTS is a very good certificate. IELTS is still approved.
If that provider was still approved in 2016 then YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN another test in 2016.
That 2013 cert was good enough to get your FLRM in 2016.
now you want to apply for ILR. You can use the 2013 cert because it was accepted previously and if the provider is still approved. You can also use the 2016 cert as that was also accepted previously and if the provider is still approved....you may not have to take another test.. check if the provider is still approved.
Good luck.
Keep this post updated
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:45 am

SAMISPOUSAL wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 am
Prn1402 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Hi SAMISPOUSAL,

You took IELTS exam and that cert was accepted to enter UK .....IELTS is a very good certificate. IELTS is still approved.
If that provider was still approved in 2016 then YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN another test in 2016.
That 2013 cert was good enough to get your FLRM in 2016.
now you want to apply for ILR. You can use the 2013 cert because it was accepted previously and if the provider is still approved. You can also use the 2016 cert as that was also accepted previously and if the provider is still approved....you may not have to take another test.. check if the provider is still approved.
Good luck.
Keep this post updated
It must also be at B1 level. A1 and A2 is required for spouse visa but will NOT be accepted for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prn1402
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prn1402 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks you guys.I got Ielts certificate is higher than B1 level in 2013, It’s expire in 2015. I used it for applying my spouse visa in 2014 and it was approved. But I didn’t use this certificate for applying spouse visa in 2016 as I couldn’t find I could use it when it’s expire. So I took Speaking & Listening Test (A1 level) for that.

Now I can see I can use B1 level test even it’s expire but my point is I’m not sure that my old Ielts is the same as an Ielts in the list? They are charged the name to “Ielts for UKVI”. My old Ielts doesn’t show Ielts for UKVI, no Unique ref no either.

“Quoted”
Alternatively, you can take IELTS for UKVI, which assesses all four language skills. It's important to make sure you take IELTS for UKVI rather than our regular IELTS test. IELTS for UKVI is exactly the same as our regular IELTS test, but is the only version approved for UKVI purposes, and is only available at test centres selected by the UK government.
“Quoted”
https://support.cambridgeenglish.org/hc ... lish-exams

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:46 am

Prn1402 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:12 am
Thanks you guys.I got Ielts certificate is higher than B1 level in 2013, It’s expire in 2015. I used it for applying my spouse visa in 2014 and it was approved. But I didn’t use this certificate for applying spouse visa in 2016 as I couldn’t find I could use it when it’s expire. So I took Speaking & Listening Test (A1 level) for that.

Now I can see I can use B1 level test even it’s expire but my point is I’m not sure that my old Ielts is the same as an Ielts in the list? They are charged the name to “Ielts for UKVI”. My old Ielts doesn’t show Ielts for UKVI, no Unique ref no either.

“Quoted”
Alternatively, you can take IELTS for UKVI, which assesses all four language skills. It's important to make sure you take IELTS for UKVI rather than our regular IELTS test. IELTS for UKVI is exactly the same as our regular IELTS test, but is the only version approved for UKVI purposes, and is only available at test centres selected by the UK government.
“Quoted”
https://support.cambridgeenglish.org/hc ... lish-exams
YOU are unnecessarily making things complicated and picking things way out of context and adding to hell of a confusion. (Read the paragraph ABOVE the one you quoted...you are quoting from a discussion that is talking about 2 exams or 4 exams ..that is irrelevant to YOU as you only need two: speaking and listening..) Ignore the word UK VI Forget the word UKVI..it is only used to distignuish it from Australian VI and USA VI and so on.
Yes There was a slight change in rules but that mainly applied to FLR m . Since you have passed that hurdle dont worry about it. It is irrelevant to you. You cannot use that cert which you used for FLR because it does not reach B1 level need for your ILR now. You should have taken B1 ...

You are quoting (way out of context) from a third party website not from HO.. There is IELTS ACADEMIC and there is IELTS GENERAL (there is also IELTS LIFE SKILLS ) there is no such thing as regular IELTS.... THAT whole thing, the whole IELTS shabang, is UKVI..

Why did you take ACADEMIC to come to UK on spouse track ? it is for students. I assume (please correct me if i am wrong) that as you have attained B1 in IELTS and it was accepted (and if that tester is still approved ) IT WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR YOUR ILR ... the rules say you must attain level B1 OR ABOVE so if you have attained a level HIGHER than required it is acceptable. As long as the speaking and listening scores are separately shown then you can prove that you have attained the level required. I quote herewith this from the very website that you refer to ....Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification taken more than 2 years ago if you are applying to settle in the UK and the qualification was accepted for another UK immigration application, e.g. when you got permission to enter. Do please update here. Good luck

I am not a lawyer or an expert.do please comment and update with your observations

Prn1402
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prn1402 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:01 am

I had to take Academic Ielts when I was studying in the college. You can see that I took Ielts in 2013 but I applied my spouse visa in 2014.

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:02 am

your question has been more than adequately answered in the above discussions.

Good luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:28 am

Prn1402 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:01 am
Hi CR001,

Thank you for your comment. Umm I think I should get a new test for makes sure.
Probably safer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.