ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ISC Exempt COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bhor
BANNED
India

ISC Exempt COS

Post by Bhor » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:56 am

Hello friends, I am on Tier 2 General visa. My current employer has promoted me to higher grade with different responsibilities hence they have issued me a fresh COS. Tier & Category mentioned on the COS is - Tier 2 (General - Changes of Employment - ISC exempt). Can anyone please confirm what is ISC exempt and will it cause any issue in my fresh application?

Bhor
BANNED
India

Re: ISC Exempt COS

Post by Bhor » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 am

Hello friends, I am on Tier 2 General visa. My current employer has promoted me to higher grade with different responsibilities hence they have issued me a fresh COS. Tier & Category mentioned on the COS is - Tier 2 (General - Changes of Employment - ISC exempt). Can anyone please confirm what is ISC exempt and will it cause any issue in my fresh application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:29 am

ISC Exempt is something related to your sponsor and a fee they must pay or not - ISC = Immigration Skills Charge. It is NOT relevant to YOUR visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bhor
BANNED
India

Post by Bhor » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks for your reply. My concern is if my sponsor has wrongly selected ISC exempt, my visa may get refused. Does home office checks reason for ISC exemption before approving CoS?

nbandla
Mood:
India

Post by nbandla » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:31 am

If you were granted initial Tier 2 General before 2017 (some month) then you are ISC exempt.

Bhor
BANNED
India

Post by Bhor » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:55 am

My initial COS was granted this year in August 2018 and my employer paid full 5 years ISC amounting to GBP 5,000. This time they have provided me COS with ISC exempt hence my query if home office checks ISC exemption before approving COS?

nbandla
Mood:
India

Post by nbandla » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:01 am

They wont reject the visa just for mentioning ISC exempt, they will ask for payment if your sponsor had to pay and then process your visa application.

In my opinion your sponsor will have to pay ISC again for this new application, but your sponsor can get refund of previous payment for the remaining 4 years.

It may depend on case officer, but if the application is already submitted, wait for update from home office.

Bhor
BANNED
India

Post by Bhor » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 am

My appointment under premium service is scheduled for tomorrow. So, do you suggest I should go ahead and submit it without any worry?

nbandla
Mood:
India

Post by nbandla » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:15 am

Where is your appointment?

Why don't you call hot line or tell your sponsor to call hot line and make this query?

if your sponsor is happy to then may be, best is to change to isc liable and pay iSC fee and then claim the previous payment, or submit the documents and see what will happen (may be get told by case office to do same )

I am also submitting my Tier 2 Change of employer tomorrow in York, but i am ISC exempt as i was initially granted Tier 2 G route in 2014.

Bhor
BANNED
India

Post by Bhor » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks nbandla for your quick replies. My appointment is at Croydon center under new service option. I tried calling hotline but they gave standard answer to refer online policies.