ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wanderer - I need your advice please!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Wanderer - I need your advice please!!!!

Post by StaceyWarman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi Wanderer,

I was talking to you yesterday about my fiance who overstayed by 3 years. You asked me if he had been given a IS151. I have spoken to him and yes he was issued with one. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Wanderer - I need your advice please!

Post by StaceyWarman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi,

Can anybody explain to me what a IS151 is? I singled out Wanderer because he helped me the other day but any other comments would be much appreciated

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:44 pm

IS151 is a removal notice issued to a person of either an overstayer or illegally staying in UK. It will read as a person liable to detention and removal. It also a notice of decision by the Home Office to remove an illegal entrant/other immigration offender or a family member of such a person.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Was it an IS151A or IS151B?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Wanderer - I need you advice please!

Post by StaceyWarman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Thank you for that!! I'm a bit confused as all his other paperwork states that he has volutarily decided to go home. Do you think this will effect his visa process?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:53 pm

I'm a bit confused as all his other paperwork states that he has volutarily decided to go home.
Which paperwork are you talking about here? Anything in specific?

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Wanderer - I need your advice please!

Post by StaceyWarman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:55 pm

He lost his passport about 2 years ago so the home office wrote a letter for him which he had to take with him to the airport and it said that he voluntarily decided to leave the country of his own accord. He paid for his own flight and everything and didn't cost the goverment anything but i'm just a bit worried that they might refuse his spouse visa because of it.

Twin
Member of Standing

Re: Wanderer - I need your advice please!

Post by Twin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:20 pm

StaceyWarman wrote:He lost his passport about 2 years ago so the home office wrote a letter for him which he had to take with him to the airport and it said that he voluntarily decided to leave the country of his own accord. He paid for his own flight and everything and didn't cost the goverment anything but i'm just a bit worried that they might refuse his spouse visa because of it.
It doesn't matter if it's an IS151a or B, so long it's not an IS151D which is a removal order, he should be fine. He did leave voluntarily at his own expense, didn't he? If he did, then it's fine.

Would he be applying for spousal visa? if so, he'd be fine. What I mean is that he won't get a ban. You haven't mentioned anything to suggest that he might have frustrated the immigration rules so he should be home dry if he meets all requirements.