ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR 10 year route and dependent application query

Post by vpruk » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:03 am

Do i have to show maintenance of funds for her application? if so how much?
Income requirement is at least £18,600 per year

Hi all gurus,

Thanks in advance for all your help at all immigration matters.

i am in the same situation to apply for ILR 10 years route and my wife as dependent.

Regarding the 'Income requirement is at least £18,600 per year' is it for the dependent wife or myself the main applicant ? sorry if the question is wrong

Also i would like to know about the CRITERIA of absence in UK for myself and the dependent to apply ILR 10 Years route? how many days in a year and/or totally in 10 years?

Do i need to maintain any money in bank to show while applying for ILR for myself and my dependent wife!

Thanks again and looking forward for your expert guide.

Regards
VPR

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 10 year route and dependent application query

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Income requirement can be satisfied by either of you, this is for your spouse FLR(M) application

For your own SET(LR) application:
Total absence of less than 540 days in the last 10 years. No periods of absence which has been for 180 days or more.
No maintenance required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi zimba88,

Thanks for your reply and sorry to message you too late.

I have a query and hope you would be able to help me please.

I am eligible to apply ILR [10 year route] from 19th January 2019 [First entry date to UK] - in this can i apply 28 before this eligible date ??

My current PBS Tier 2 visa expires on 20 march 2019 and so do my wife's and daughters too. What are the option for their visa extension ?

can My wife apply for ILR as she was my PBS tier 2 dependent from sept 2013 and she completes 5 years as dependent in September 2018 !! are there any option to apply ILR in this way. [i am aware of settlement as tier 2 dependent which required salary £35500 but unfortunately i cannot do it]

or

Do they need to apply any other visa type ? if so what is it please.? Does my wife needs English language test and lift in UK test if we are applying any other visa type apart from ILR application.

Thanks again

Regards
VPR

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm

I am eligible to apply ILR [10 year route] from 19th January 2019 [First entry date to UK] - in this can i apply 28 before this eligible date ??
Yes
My current PBS Tier 2 visa expires on 20 march 2019 and so do my wife's and daughters too. What are the option for their visa extension ?
FLR(M)
can My wife apply for ILR as she was my PBS tier 2 dependent from sept 2013 and she completes 5 years as dependent in September 2018 !! are there any option to apply ILR in this way. [i am aware of settlement as tier 2 dependent which required salary £35500 but unfortunately i cannot do it]

or

Do they need to apply any other visa type ? if so what is it please.? Does my wife needs English language test and lift in UK test if we are applying any other visa type apart from ILR application.
If you apply for ILR under 10 year rules, your wife cannot get ILR via PBS route. She needs to switch to FLR(M). Her ILR clock will reset to zero
FLR(M) has min income requirement of £18,600, you need to pay IHS and English language requirement at A1 level

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Correction, the FLR(M) income requirement for spouse plus child is £22,400pa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi Zimba88,

Thanks a lot for your precise reply. Very much happy and thanks again.

Few simple doubts please - Can my child able to apply within my wife's application or need to make separate applications for each of them please?

I presume that A1 is for first 2.5 years AND A2 language test is for the extension of next 2.5 years? sorry if i am wrong.

Regards
VPR

zimba88 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm
Yes
FLR(M)

or

If you apply for ILR under 10 year rules, your wife cannot get ILR via PBS route. She needs to switch to FLR(M). Her ILR clock will reset to zero
FLR(M) has min income requirement of £18,600, you need to pay IHS and English language requirement at A1 level

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm
Correction, the FLR(M) income requirement for spouse plus child is £22,400pa.
Hi CR001

Thanks for your reply and the corrections.

My WIFE does not work and would it be OK to show my income alone which is 24k. What proofs we need to show that ? do i need to maintain any funds in bank account?

Regards
VPR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Your income alone is fine.

You need to provide at least 6 months payslips and 6 months corresponding bank statements, all originals. The form tells you what you need to submit.

There is no 'fund maintenance' for FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm
Your income alone is fine.

You need to provide at least 6 months payslips and 6 months corresponding bank statements, all originals. The form tells you what you need to submit.

There is no 'fund maintenance' for FLR(M).

Thank you so much respected guru CR001.

After getting ILR via 10 year long residence, can i apply for British passport straightaway for my 2 years old child who was born in UK or my child needs extension as My wife as FLR[M].

Looking for your reply please.

Thanks again.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Please help me

Post by vpruk » Tue May 22, 2018 1:18 pm

HI zimba
I am due to apply for ILR 10 years long residence route. My dependent wife current visa expires same as me and she needs to switch to FLR [M] i guess. I have my daughter 2 years old who was born in UK with same visa as my wife. Could i able to apply for British citizen for my 2 years old UK born child once i got my ILR via long residence ?? or my child needs FLR [M] same as my wife? bit confused. help me please

thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please help me

Post by CR001 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 pm

could i able to apply for British citizen for my 2 years old UK born child once i got my ILR via long residence ??

Yes
or my child needs FLR [M] same as my wife? bit confused.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Tue May 22, 2018 2:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 pm
could i able to apply for British citizen for my 2 years old UK born child once i got my ILR via long residence ??

Yes
or my child needs FLR [M] same as my wife? bit confused.
No.
Thank you very much CR001. One more doubt i did ask in another thread about my ILR long residence doucments. Do i need to submit extra supporting documents like employer letter, HMRC/P60; Utility bills for the past 10 years ? I have all my passports and visa without any gaps. all visa changes within UK. Not exceed any holiday limitations etc.

Many thanks again
kindest regards
VPR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Please keep your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto other members topics.

For Set(LR), you submit what the form asks for. It DOES NOT ask for employer letter, P60s etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Tue May 22, 2018 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm
Please keep your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto other members topics.

For Set(LR), you submit what the form asks for. It DOES NOT ask for employer letter, P60s etc.
Sorry and apologize. i will keep my question in my own.
thanks for your help CR001.
I will check the form again.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Respected CR001,

Just a recap, i am due to apply ILR 10 years residence. I am filling up the applications and got few doubts which worries me now.

First student Visa stamped date :22/12/08; date of 1st entry: 19/01/2009.

1. what date am i eligible to apply from please? is it 28 days before the date visa stamped or date of first entry please.

I switched to tier-2 general visa from PSW. My PSW visa expired on 8th December 2012, i applied for tier 2 visa by post via solicitors. The reason why i applied via solicitor was my sponsoring company had no sponsor licence at that time - the sponsor licence application for the company was with the home office. Both my and the company solicitor was same person so the solicitor applied my tier-2 application before PSW expiry date. I got the acknowledgment letter from home office for that application dated 18th December 2012. Finally my company got licence and i got my Tier 2 general visa from 26th march 2013. Sorry bit long story.

2. Would these process in delay in license and change in visa in 2012 have an impact now when applying ILR 10 year visa? should i provide any extra supporting documents? if so what documents please.

Your reply with answers will be very helpful for my visa process as always. Thanks again in advance.

Regards
vpr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:26 pm

1. 10 years ILR is counted from the date you entered the UK

2. Should be OK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:26 pm

2. Should be OK.

Thank you ever so much respected CR001. Sorry for delay in replying.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:37 pm

[/quote]

Hi zimba

For my wife's FLR(M) could i use UK NARIC to show her English language requirement please.

Could you guide us whether i can use same UK NARIC certificate for another visa category too.

For example if i get UK NARIC Certificate for A1 Level in visa category FLR(m), shall i use the same if in case i am applying ILR in 5 year Tier 2 route please as my wife is eligible already as dependent 5 years on tier 2

sorry to bother you much and thanks in advance.

looking forward for your advice please

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:26 pm

2. Should be OK.
Respected CR001,

After the new system UKVCAS I am now really worried now. Few doubts please before i start to fill the new online application with new system.

1. do i need to call HO to ask 'Subject access request' for 10 year immigration history?

2. How to calculate the absence date please - does the departure and arrival date counts ? should i have to calculate the days between first visa issue date and the first entry UK date please?

3. finally just bit greedy to ask and apologize to ask this again- the 28 days qualifying period how to calculate please? First visa issued valid from 22/12/2008; First entry UK 19/01/2009- so When would be my earliest to apply please.

Thanks a lot in advance. Your reply will be my final saying to my application CR001 please help!

Kindest Regards
VPR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:17 pm

1. You apply for a subject Access Request.
general-uk-immigration-forum/how-to-do- ... 35376.html

2. You only count whole days out of the UK to calculate absence.

3. Your qualifying period starts from the date you ENTERED the uk for long residence ILR.so no sooner than within 28 days before 19 January.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:17 pm
1. You apply for a subject Access Request.
general-uk-immigration-forum/how-to-do- ... 35376.html

2. You only count whole days out of the UK to calculate absence.

3. Your qualifying period starts from the date you ENTERED the uk for long residence ILR.so no sooner than within 28 days before 19 January.
Thanks for your Quick reply as always CR001,

Subject Access Request - is it must please with the SET LR application. Having no SAR - Immigration history, would that affect the SET LR appliation. I am really worried now, i am planning to take appointment with new system during week commencing dec 24th if lucky. It seems it would take 40-60 days time to receive SAR. The SET LR form does not ask anything like this? My 10 years immigration history is straight forward with no issues.

please give me some confidence with your positive reply CR001. I have been working for this application for the last 4 months but still new things keep coming to collect, PANICS me.

Looking forward for you kind reply.

thanks
vpr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:52 pm

No SAR is not mandatory!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:04 am

Dear CR001,

Finally the time as come for me to do my online application (set LR )following the wait due to this new system.

I would like to have your thoughts please on Few doubts which I have please

Apart from filling application which ask for my personal details, wife and dependent details and absence history, do I need to tell- write something to justify myself why I wanting to stay in Uk like - work, been here 10 years, or child born here etc ! Sorry I may be completely wrong.

Also when completed the application it still says that the existing system is still available to book - just wonder whether it is a mistake from their side or may be I did wrong application. ??? Very frustrating to know whether what I am doing is right.

The application also asks for marriage certicate and corespondence address proof for the last 2 years !

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks a lot in advance as always CR001 x

Kindest regards
Vpr

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:28 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm
Yes
FLR(M)

or

The requirement may be a bit lower but if you pass exams at B1 (or above ) you may be able to use that certificate at future dates also. good L
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014