ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKV/CAS Joint citizenship and passport application new service!! Urgent Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MILOLINDO12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Penalty Notice for British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement

Post by MILOLINDO12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can help me as I have been trying to get an answer and no one seems to know.

I have received a penalty notice for Shoplifting 3 years ago in November 2015, since then I have paid it immediately Offence __ TH68010.

I was just wondering if receiving a penalty notice for shoplifting will affect my application or shall I wait before applying?

Please get back to me and let me know as soon as possible accordingly.

Thank you

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Re: Penalty Notice for British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement

Post by DocKnow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Who issued the penalty? Was it a private company, council or the police?

You must declare all Fixed penalty notices (FPN). These are usually issued by the police.

It should not affect your application as it occurred 3 years ago and it is the only FPN (I'm assuming you don't have any others) on your record.

MILOLINDO12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MILOLINDO12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Was given by the police at the spot and paid immediately and since then I haven't had any other penalty notices. and is not FPN is Penalty notice for Disorder Shoplifting?

Are you sure that I don't need to worry at this stage?

Please advice accordingly or someone else can you help

MILOLINDO12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependents and naturalization application-- British Citizenship

Post by MILOLINDO12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the process of finalizing my application for British Citizenship and I have a question regarding dependants

On the online application one of the questions was as below "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?"

It might be a silly question but not sure if my wife would be considered as a dependant on my application. I was the sponsorship on her application and she has leave to enter.

Can someone help and advice accordingly if I have to put yes or no for that questions?

Thank you

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:54 pm

I am just going by the official "Good character" guidelines. You received a Penalty notice for Disorder - Shoplifting (PND). FPNs and PNDs are given for criminal offenses but there is no admission of guilt. HO disregard these unless you have received numerous of these.

You must declare it on your application form. A PND for shoplifting is a recordable offense and is likely to be on the police national computer (PNC) - even though it may not appear on a basic CRB check.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: Dependents and naturalization application-- British Citizenship

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 pm

I had the same query. I got advised here that for immigration purposes , a spouse that you have sponsored does count as a dependent. However, there seems to be no confirmation from home office regarding this.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 pm

MILOLINDO12 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:18 pm
Hi,

I am currently in the process of finalizing my application for British Citizenship and I have a question regarding dependants

On the online application one of the questions was as below "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?"

It might be a silly question but not sure if my wife would be considered as a dependant on my application. I was the sponsorship on her application and she has leave to enter.

Can someone help and advice accordingly if I have to put yes or no for that questions?

Thank you
Hi

A dependant (British English) or dependent (American English) is a person who relies on another as a primary source of income. For example, minors (children who are under the age of majority) are dependants of their parents or legal guardians. A common-law spouse who is financially supported by their partner may also be included in this definition (Source wikipedia).

Your wife is definitely your dependent if u r the main earner and run the household. If u sponsored her as a spouse than u shouldn't ask this question. Its clear cut that she is your dependent and u must mention her in your naturlisation application form.

MILOLINDO12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MILOLINDO12 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks for the response everyone.
I will take this matter with a lawyer and get back to you to confirm if the details are correct.
Regards

MILOLINDO12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UKV/CAS Joint citizenship and passport application new service!! Urgent Help

Post by MILOLINDO12 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:09 am

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me, I am applying for my naturalization application on the 3rd of January 2019 and I have successfully completed the online application.

I was just wondering with the new service with Sopra if you can do a joint application and apply for the passport at the same time?

Has anyone been in a similar situation and has an answer for me?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: UKV/CAS Joint citizenship and passport application new service!! Urgent Help

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am

With the new system, one can't apply for passport at the same time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKV/CAS Joint citizenship and passport application new service!! Urgent Help

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:44 am

Topics merged!! Please keep all questions on the same application in one thread (this one)!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:53 pm

MILOLINDO12 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 am
Thanks for the response everyone.
I will take this matter with a lawyer and get back to you to confirm if the details are correct.
Regards
It will be curious to know what the lawyer has to say about this.