ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Employer with in UK (Tier 2 General Visa)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

General1905
India

Change Employer with in UK (Tier 2 General Visa)

Post by General1905 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:55 am

Hi All,

I have granted Tier 2 general Visa in October 2018. Now some company is ready to sponsor me with in UK. Can I change my employer within UK even if I have not completed 12 months on this visa. I have read it in the Immigration guidance mentioned below :

245HB

(g) The applicant must not have had entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Migrant at any time during the 12 months immediately before the date of the application, unless the applicant:
(i) was not in the UK with leave as a Tier 2 Migrant during this period, and provides evidence to show this, or
(ii) will be paid a gross annual salary (as recorded by the Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service entry, and
including such allowances as are specified as acceptable for this purpose in paragraph 79 of Appendix A) of
£152,100 or higher.

Link : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 13__1_.pdf

I am not sure whether the above rule only applied when you are applying for Tier 2 General Visa for very first time outside UK.

Please shed some light on it . Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change Employer with in UK (Tier 2 General Visa)

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:38 pm

The link and rule you have posted is from 2013 and clearly states it is an archived document. Things have changed a lot since then.

The piece you quote is also only relevant to tier 2 ICT changing to tier 2 genral and not etier 2 general to tier 2 general change of employment within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

General1905
India

Re: Change Employer with in UK (Tier 2 General Visa)

Post by General1905 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks a lot of your prompt response.

There is no time restriction for Tier 2 general to change the employer within UK. Suppose tier 2 visa is granted and within 3 months or so applicant can switch to another company.