ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of Tier 2 General - COS 0

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k90252
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Refusal of Tier 2 General - COS 0

Post by k90252 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:29 am

Hi all,

My application for Tier 2 General got an Refusal of entry clearance letter today.

It refused as I am not meet requirements of paragraph 245HB(b) of immigration Rules.

The COS point=0
ECO comment was:
You have claimed 30 points for a valid COS under paragraph 76 to 84A of appendix A of immigration rule. On your cos your migration classification states " Tier 2 (General - switching immigration Category a rating" This means your sponsor has applied for an unrestricted COS on your behalf which means your COS was not allocated to your sponsor under Tier 2 general limit.

Your sponsor has allocated you an unrestricted COS ( not under the Tier 2 General limit) and as you are not applying for leave to remain and your gross annual salary is under 155,300 pounds, you do not meet requirement(1) or (2), above. As the result, you have not been awarded points for your COS and therefore I refuse your application under paragraph 245HB(b) of immigration Rules.

Appropriate salary point =0
As you have not provided a valid COS with your application. I am unable to assess whether you are in receipt of the appropriate salary as a Tier 2 General Migrant.

=========================

I was have Tier 5 till 06/2018. and I applied Tier 2 on 12/2018

For this Refusal of entry clearance I have few questions:

Does that mean my company did not allocated me a valid unrestricted COS? When company do the RMTL make something wrong?Do we need to re-do RMTL again or we just apply for month COS again?

or when my company allocated the COS, they did something wrong? Therefore this COS was invalid?
1)This current COS number company provide to me, company put the Tier and category is Tier 2 (general - switching immigration category), or shall we put Tier 2 (under the Tier 2 General limit) as Tier 5 to Tier 2 is not switching?

2)and they put me for wrong nationality for China(PRC) not Taiwan(ROC). However we put a note for they put wrong nationality.

or it means my application put wrong information? ( I am outside of UK,I used visa4uk website to applied it.)

Any advice will be appreciate. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refusal of Tier 2 General - COS 0

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:56 am

Does that mean my company did not allocated me a valid unrestricted COS? When company do the RMTL make something wrong?Do we need to re-do RMTL again or we just apply for month COS again?

or when my company allocated the COS, they did something wrong? Therefore this COS was invalid?
1)This current COS number company provide to me, company put the Tier and category is Tier 2 (general - switching immigration category), or shall we put Tier 2 (under the Tier 2 General limit) as Tier 5 to Tier 2 is not switching?

2)and they put me for wrong nationality for China(PRC) not Taiwan(ROC). However we put a note for they put wrong nationality.

or it means my application put wrong information? ( I am outside of UK,I used visa4uk website to applied it.)
Your company assigned you the wrong CoS. It should be Restricted CoS - New Hires - and is processed through the monthly HO allocation meeting.

You posted in November that you got an RCoS, so what exactly went wrong?

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/nove ... l#p1708199

1. It should be Tier 2 - New Hires as you CANNOT switch within the UK on a UCoS from Tier 5.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

k90252
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by k90252 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 am

I was thinking I got a right RCOS, as there is a immigration lawyer helped my company, and my HR said we pass monthly HO allocation meeting and provided me an COS code, so I went to apply Tier 2, I did not know which process is wrong.

Does this mean in very beginning when we apply monthly HO allocation meeting we apply for wrong Tier and category. We should apply Tier 2 - New Hires when we make an application?

pere0026
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pere0026 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Out of curiosity did U see Ur CoS before applying for visa or Ur company just provided a number for U? as from refusal letter it's clearly visible that CoS was UCoS instead of RCoS

k90252
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by k90252 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:24 am

Hi everyone,

My HR assigned me another cos number today.

I saw the Tier and category is Tier 2 General new hire restricted

I can make a application with this cos number right?

Thank you

love23chia
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by love23chia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am

Hi
I chose a wrong category (Tier 2 switching immigration), which supposed to be Tier 2 new hire
but I still got the Cos number and the CoS state shows "assigned".

will I be refused after applying?

Thanks