ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP PLEASE- ILR from Tier 2 route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yukapion
Newly Registered
Japan

HELP PLEASE- ILR from Tier 2 route

Post by yukapion » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi, I am thinking of applying for ILR from Tier 2 route next June (2019) and I would like to clarification for some questions below please. I would really appreciate some help please.

1)I have been out of UK for holidays only and they are not associated with my work. Do I still need a letter from employer to confirm my absences from the UK even if I'm on annual leave for holiday?

On Tier 2 policy guidance, PART 10: TIER 2 SETTLEMENT:

Absences - settlement
255. You cannot have had more than 180 days’ absence from the United Kingdom during any
consecutive 12 month period within the 5 year period.
256. You will need to list details of your absences from the United Kingdom, including the
reasons for those absences, on the form.
257. If any of your absences are in connection with employment you will need to provide a letter
from the relevant employer detailing the purpose and period of absences, including
periods of annual leave.

2)You can apply for settlement up to 28 days before you will reach the qualifying
period if you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused.

My question is : Can I start the online application for ILR now so I can start preparing for evidences but not submit the final application? My qualifying period is June 19 but I thought I need to start getting ready for it. As long as I don't submit the application before the qualifying period, it's fine right?

3)What exact information do the letter from my employer needs to say? Does anyone has an example please? i have a permanent job.

Thank you very much in advance.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: HELP PLEASE- ILR from Tier 2 route

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:48 am

yukapion wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:35 pm
Hi, I am thinking of applying for ILR from Tier 2 route next June (2019) and I would like to clarification for some questions below please. I would really appreciate some help please.

1)I have been out of UK for holidays only and they are not associated with my work. Do I still need a letter from employer to confirm my absences from the UK even if I'm on annual leave for holiday? Yes. But as this is not business trip so your employer may refuse to list them in the letter. So you can proof by your passport and flight booking. This is not absolute essential in the employer letter

On Tier 2 policy guidance, PART 10: TIER 2 SETTLEMENT:

Absences - settlement
255. You cannot have had more than 180 days’ absence from the United Kingdom during any
consecutive 12 month period within the 5 year period.
256. You will need to list details of your absences from the United Kingdom, including the
reasons for those absences, on the form.
257. If any of your absences are in connection with employment you will need to provide a letter
from the relevant employer detailing the purpose and period of absences, including
periods of annual leave.

2)You can apply for settlement up to 28 days before you will reach the qualifying
period if you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused.

My question is : Can I start the online application for ILR now so I can start preparing for evidences but not submit the final application? My qualifying period is June 19 but I thought I need to start getting ready for it. As long as I don't submit the application before the qualifying period, it's fine right? Yes. as long as you don't submit.

3)What exact information do the letter from my employer needs to say? Does anyone has an example please? i have a permanent job. Your job role, how much you get paid, you are still required by the employer in the foreseeable future, also list the date that you absent from the UK (if any).

Thank you very much in advance.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

yukapion
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: HELP PLEASE- ILR from Tier 2 route

Post by yukapion » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Thank you cyclina1 for your post! Really appreciated this. Have you done ILR from Tier 2 recently?