ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Tier 1 Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitmech

New Tier 1 Application

Post by nitmech » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:59 am

I applied for Tier 1 Visa today through VFS.

I am the main applicant, I prepared my application on my own. I went there to submit the applications of myself and my dependents (wife and son). I thought the application fees Rs.51000 is applied for all, but when I was told to pay Rs.51000 for each dependent I was completely shocked!

They charge Rs.51000 for each of your family members!

iluvuparis

hi

Post by iluvuparis » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 am

Hi could you pls let me know hw r u tracking your status and the reference number. Becuase i'm tracking my application only in the VFS site using the Number provided by VFS in the format ABCD/123456/1. Is this the reference number you are talking about. or is there any other UK HO URL to track the status.

nitmech

Re: hi

Post by nitmech » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:31 am

iluvuparis wrote:Hi could you pls let me know hw r u tracking your status and the reference number. Becuase i'm tracking my application only in the VFS site using the Number provided by VFS in the format ABCD/123456/1. Is this the reference number you are talking about. or is there any other UK HO URL to track the status.
VFS told me that I will be able to track the application only after at least 10 working days.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:40 am

Hmm..I though that 51k is fee for all ,if applied together...Did u have a look at VFS website ???I find it fishy???

iluvuparis

hi

Post by iluvuparis » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:42 am

hi, Many thanks for your reply.. However the status is "Your application is forwarded to High Commission on 29th may" for the last 1 week. IS there any other URL wherein you are tracking your application except for "https://www.vfs.org.in/ApplicantStatus.aspx". Pls reply me.
I'm wondering what is the "Payment Processed" and "Reference Numbers" are.. I submitted a bankers cheque from Stand Chart bank. Pls reply

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:47 am

This is from VFS

Any dependant applications sent with your form will pay the same fee as you.[quote][/quote]

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 pm

ashishashah wrote:Hmm..I though that 51k is fee for all ,if applied together...Did u have a look at VFS website ???I find it fishy???
I was under the impression that if your dependents are applying with you the the fees would be only 51000, and when I been to apply I was carrying only that amount.

But VFS executive told me that the fees to be paid per person! I requested to recheck it then their senior executive came to me and told the same! :(

I applied for myself only

iluvuparis

hi

Post by iluvuparis » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:33 pm

hi, could you pls reply to the below query.

hi, Many thanks for your reply.. However the status is "Your application is forwarded to High Commission on 29th may" for the last 1 week. IS there any other URL wherein you are tracking your application except for "https://www.vfs.org.in/ApplicantStatus.aspx". Pls reply me.
I'm wondering what is the "Payment Processed" and "Reference Numbers" are.. I submitted a bankers cheque from Stand Chart bank. Pls reply

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:39 pm

iluvuparis wrote:hi, could you pls reply to the below query.

As per my knowledge your application will be with High Commission for at least 12 working days, means actual 3 weeks. Your payment processing day is the same day when you applied.

Please do not worry, your application is very normal.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:00 pm

iluvuparis wrote:hi, could you pls reply to the below query.

The next update will be
(1) Case closed, Passport couriered to the applicant - in case the application is successful

(2) Case closed, passport can be collected from VFS

regards,

push_hsmp

ganeshptrk

Hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 am

Hi nitmech,
You said you were actually prepared for submitting the application for you and your dependent. But later submitted only for yourself. Then did you menetion any thing in Part 7 of VAF9B. Something like wife will be traving after some time.

Also, do we have to attach a self-addressed envelope to return our passport and other original documents or they will be taken care by VFS?

Or can we also collect the document and passport personally from VFS?

Thanks

nitmech

Re: Hi

Post by nitmech » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:21 pm

ganeshptrk wrote:Hi nitmech,
You said you were actually prepared for submitting the application for you and your dependent. But later submitted only for yourself. Then did you menetion any thing in Part 7 of VAF9B. Something like wife will be traving after some time.

Also, do we have to attach a self-addressed envelope to return our passport and other original documents or they will be taken care by VFS?

Or can we also collect the document and passport personally from VFS?

Thanks
Following are the answers to your questions:
1. Yes, you have to mention the details of your dependents. I mentioned that I am planning to travel with my dependents and I have enough funds to survive.

2. You do not need to attach self address envelop with the application, VFS will charge Rs.170 from you for this service. They will take care of it.

Let me know if you have more questions.