ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 5 years route, proof of residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irakli
United Kingdom

ILR 5 years route, proof of residence

Post by Irakli » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:14 am

Hi All,

Me and my two dependants are eligible for ILR in 2019. I know there are many documents to provide I was not sure about proof of residence, Would we need to prove living in the UK during last 5 years? If so, how? Do we need to have payslips, utility bills from 5 years ago all the way through until today? I doubt anyone keeps utility bills from past years.

Many thanks in advance!

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: ILR 5 years route, proof of residence

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:59 am

Irakli wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:14 am
Hi All,

Me and my two dependants are eligible for ILR in 2019. I know there are many documents to provide I was not sure about proof of residence, Would we need to prove living in the UK during last 5 years? If so, how? Do we need to have payslips, utility bills from 5 years ago all the way through until today? I doubt anyone keeps utility bills from past years.

Many thanks in advance!

VERY simple... provide anything with your name and address with date on it....if you are at ILR stage then you have been through this before ....at the earlier stages...you provided this last time ...so now cover the period since then ...and yes some records should be kept for at least 6 years ....especially when you got imm breathing down your neck...
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:39 am

Your passport is proof of residence.

The other documents are to prove you and your spouse have been cohabitating at the same address and still in a subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Irakli
United Kingdom

Post by Irakli » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:46 am

I will provide all docs with my name on it, the question is:

Do I need to have proof of address for the whole period of last 5 years? Ie for every month?

To your other point: will they require proof of address documents from the date our last visa was obtained? Did I understand this correctly.

This is not simple for me hence I am asking.

Thanks for your time and reply