ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC application from Nigeria?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLO

EC application from Nigeria?

Post by FLO » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:28 pm

If you have applied for EC in Nigeria you may post your experience here. Let us know the time, documents submitted and outcome.
Sharing your experience may bring a smile to somebody's face.

T123
Newly Registered

Post by T123 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:25 am

Hello, has anyone applied for EC from nigeria within th past few months... what was the process like and what documents were submitted to the embassy.Thanks.

babaagba
Newly Registered

Post by babaagba » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:55 pm

I think it will be good for all Nigerians to post their experiences here so that we can all help ourselves like our Indian & Pakistan brother & sisters have been doing.

I have an HSMP approval letter and just about applying for EC. I really need information here.

Regards.

FLO

Complete EC requirements in Nigeria.

Post by FLO » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:32 pm

EC and HSMP UK

EC Application under HSMP.
After your HSMP approval, you have to get your Visa stamped within 6 months. This is also called Entry Clearance or just 'EC'. EC is easier than HSMP !

This is a comprehensive list of documents, which are required while applying EC under HSMP. Many of the documents are listed as optional. If you have it, keep it with you while going for EC application.

List of document required for EC application.

EC Covering letter
Duly filled VAF2 visa application form + Copy of it.
Original HSMP approval Letter
All documents sent for HSMP
1 Passport size Photo (Photo Specification)
All Passports of the applicant.

Docs from current employer:
Appointment letter/Offer letter + Copy.
Recent 6 month pay slips
Copy of Payslips (last 2 months).
Experience letter from your current employer - optional
Confirmation letter from your current employer - 0ptional
Copy of applicant's official ID Card - 0ptional

Education Documents:
Copy of Degree certificate (Original Degree Certificate is with HSMP Docs)
Tax clearance (optional)

Proof of Accomodation in UK(letter from a friend/relative comfirming his desire to accommodate you or a booked accommodation in UK)
Copy of Passport all pages.
Additional Copy of Passport first and last pages.

Offer letter from UK - 0ptional
Last 6 months Original Bank statements.
Copy of Last 6 months Original Bank statements.
Proof of assets. (Details are given here) - 0ptional
Sponsor Letter/Affidavit (Required only if you don't have enough liquid assets with you) - 0ptional
Affidavit on name change (Required only if you have different names in different documents) Sample Copy

Details of your Job hunt in UK. (Your email communications between consulants in UK)
Application fee equivalent to 200 pounds.

If you are applying for spouse along with your primary application.
Dependant applicant's Passport
Duly filled Visa application form
1 photograph of the applicant (Photo Specification)
Original Marriage Certificate.
Marriage photos.
All stamped pages of the primary applicant's passport
Copy of HSMP approval letter.
6 months bank statements of the dependant applicant - (optional)
6 months payslips of the dependant applicant - (optional)
A fee equivalent to 200 pounds.

If you are applying for your child along with your primary application.
Dependant applicant's Passport
Duly filled Visa application form
1 photograph of the applicant (Photo Specification)
Birth certificate of the child.
All stamped pages of the primary applicant's passport
Copy of HSMP approval letter.
A fee equivalent to 200 pounds.

If you are from another country or you need a more detailed document with necessary links, pls pm me. I can't get the website now I could have posted it here. But I can send to you what I have saved on my system. All these information, I got from this forum. God bless u all.

FLO

Private reply that I feel like sharing for who may need it.

Post by FLO » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Nigeria is yet to start Tier 1. So, the issue of 3 months minimum balance does not arise. However, it is important you avoid lodging huge sum of money in your account close to the time of your application. If you can give an acceptable history for a huge money, there is no problem. The candid advice is that u build your account gradually over a period of time. Let all your money particularly, recent ones have history.
Concerning the required fund for initial settlement in UK, The primary applicant alone needs about 2,800GBP.If with a dependant(wife), add 2/3rd of that but I always advise that u add another 2,800GBP though less in actual sense. 2nd dependant is usually plus 1/3rd of 2,800GBP. Remember the consular exchange rate is 250. So u need aboutN 700,000 if applying alone and I am sure u can work the rest. No matter the amount you put, it is still safer to let them not your wife will be joining u latter and not going thesame time with u. All the best.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:53 am

Though the list above is quite comprehensive and probably holds good for Nigerian applicants as well, but the best source to get accurate information regarding EC applications and supporting documentary evidence is the Nigerian Visa Application Center (VAC) operated by VFS.

British High Commission, Nigeria
Visa Application Center, Nigeria

Hope this helps.

regards

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:45 am

EC Application under HSMP.
After your HSMP approval, you have to get your Visa stamped within 6 months. This is also called Entry Clearance or just 'EC'. EC is easier than HSMP !
Not really. One needs to be as careful in providing proofs/supporting dox as he was while seeking the HSMP approval. There are a number of cases in which EC was rejected - and that too on very flimsy grounds. So do not take chances with either HSMP approval or EC. Read the guidance notes carefully and if in doubt ask other before you submit your applications.

regards,

push_hsmp

FLO

Post by FLO » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:24 pm

British High Commission can help, but VAC gives little or no information on supportive evidences. VAC vitually looks at your form to see the spaces are correctly filled and that your passport photograph is good.They take whatever document you bring to them hook line and sinker.
Suprisingly, the guy that attended to me was a yes man. He never gave any advice even when I asked. Others may have a different experience anyway.
The advice to anyone that wants to apply for EC is that they interact with a forum like this and consult widely particularly those in thesame VISA category to learn from their success or failure.
Even when u submit a perfect document, ask God for favour. ECO atimes refuse EC on flimpsy excuses. Summarily, I want to say "be positive about your application, u will get it".

babaagba
Newly Registered

Thank you!

Post by babaagba » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:13 pm

I must say a very BIG thank you for the information. You guys have really been of great help. I will send in my application early next month and will let you know when the result is out.
Regards.

T123
Newly Registered

hello

Post by T123 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Hello.....FLO have you applied for EC from Nigeria recently?....how long did it take before you got your EC after you handed in your application. Also did you use the drop box facility or appear at the embassy.
I got my HSMP approval in April and I'm planning to apply for EC in the coming months and need as much info about timescales....Many Thanks..