ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry visa for Portugal (in Spain)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vondomart
Newly Registered
Spain

Entry visa for Portugal (in Spain)

Post by vondomart » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 am

Hello all,

I will be travelling to Portugal WITHOUT my Spanish husband to my parents who are residence of Portugal. I have been advised, as my husband is not traveling with me, that I need to apply for a entry visa as I am South African. I'm a little confused with the below questions:

1) Is a entry visa the same as a Schengen visa?

2) What documents do I need to apply? Do they need to be originals or photocopies only?

3) As I'm married EU citizen do I need travel insurance and should I give financial info when applying?

Thank you in advance for any advice offered.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Entry visa for Portugal (in Spain)

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:29 am

Where do you live?

If you live outside the Schengen zone and need a visa, you need to get a visa.
It is not an Entry visa. It's a regular tourism / visit visa.

Since you are not travelling with your spouse, you will need to provide all regular documentation.
vondomart wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 am
Hello all,

I will be travelling to Portugal WITHOUT my Spanish husband to my parents who are residence of Portugal. I have been advised, as my husband is not traveling with me, that I need to apply for a entry visa as I am South African. I'm a little confused with the below questions:

1) Is a entry visa the same as a Schengen visa?

2) What documents do I need to apply? Do they need to be originals or photocopies only?

3) As I'm married EU citizen do I need travel insurance and should I give financial info when applying?

Thank you in advance for any advice offered.

vondomart
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by vondomart » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:59 am

Hello Caravel88

Thank you for your reply.

We live in Spain, so within the Schengen zone, does this change the visa type I will need to apply for or do I apply only for visit visa?

Thank you again for your time.

vondomart
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by vondomart » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:26 pm

I am not currently a Spanish resident or resident of any country, My EEA Family permit has expired this past month. Will I still be able to apply for a visa to visit my parents?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:45 pm

You need to apply and get a resident permit from Spain.
vondomart wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:26 pm
I am not currently a Spanish resident or resident of any country, My EEA Family permit has expired this past month. Will I still be able to apply for a visa to visit my parents?