ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal main applicant + PBS extension dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mengo

ILR postal main applicant + PBS extension dependent

Post by mengo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Dear members,

I was wondering how this scenario works?

Tier 2 General visa of main applicant is expiring within a month (6 years limit). Now Main applicant is applying ILR through postal application and PBS dependent (only 3 years in UK) needs to extend(her visa also expiring at the same time) visa as well.

As I understood PBS dependent applications are online only and obviously postal ILR is by post. I was wondering how Home Office later couple those two applications ? Are they treated as applying at the same time ?

Also, according to the maintenance requirements of the Tier 2 dependent, if both apply at the same time, then A rated sponsor's maintenance letter is sufficient, but if main applicant has ILR then no.

"Evidence of certifying maintenance for family members of Tier 2 Migrants
99. If you are making your application at the same time as the Tier 2 Migrant, then A-rated sponsors
are able to certify your maintenance on the Tier 2 Migrant’s Certificate of Sponsorship or by
providing a letter. Your maintenance cannot be certified if your main applicant has indefinite leave
to remain."

Could someone please, advise if Main Applicant ILR and Dependent Extension Applications are treated as same time applications and can A rated sponsor certify maintenance of dependent?

I appreciate your views. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR postal main applicant + PBS extension dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:50 am

As I understood PBS dependent applications are online only and obviously postal ILR is by post. I was wondering how Home Office later couple those two applications ? Are they treated as applying at the same time ?
PBS dependent extension is only the application online. You still have to post the documents. You can ask HO to hold her application till your ILR is decided. Or you can apply for ILR in person if you can get an appointment and apply for your spouse by post.

You need to prove maintenance with your bank statements. The text you quote relates to you and spouse applying for Tier 2 extensions and not you applying for ILR and spouse for dependent extension. For ILR there is no maintenance requirement. Did you miss the bit I have made bold below?
99. If you are making your application at the same time as the Tier 2 Migrant, then A-rated sponsors
are able to certify your maintenance on the Tier 2 Migrant’s Certificate of Sponsorship or by
providing a letter. Your maintenance cannot be certified if your main applicant has indefinite leave
to remain."
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mengo

Post by mengo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:16 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:50 am
PBS dependent extension is only the application online. You still have to post the documents. You can ask HO to hold her application till your ILR is decided. Or you can apply for ILR in person if you can get an appointment and apply for your spouse by post.

You need to prove maintenance with your bank statements. The text you quote relates to you and spouse applying for Tier 2 extensions and not you applying for ILR and spouse for dependent extension. For ILR there is no maintenance requirement. Did you miss the bit I have made bold below?
to remain."
Hi CR001,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Seems like dependent didn't continuously sustain minimum amount in bank account in last 3 months - There was more money but dropped below minimum level before salary and then again increased.

But, dependent works almost 1.5 years full time and salary is at least twice more than required maintenance figure.
Would providing banks statements, payslips, employee letter(dependent) and also another letter from dependent's employer to certify funds help? I didn't see anything in the guidance whether dependent can prove maintenance by working or support from dependent's employer.

Please, advise. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:21 am

Would providing banks statements, payslips, employee letter(dependent) and also another letter from dependent's employer to certify funds help? I didn't see anything in the guidance whether dependent can prove maintenance by working or support from dependent's employer.
No, your spouse's employer cannot 'certify' maintenance as they are not her sponsor.

You are required to maintain funds for 90 days and submit either your bank statements or spouse bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mengo

Post by mengo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your response. I have another question:

PBS dependent extension application is online and once paid, printed application and supported documents should be sent to respective HO address.

SET(O) application on the other hand, should be sent to another HO address with all supporting documents.

So, should those two applications be sent to separate addresses or PBS dependent one sent with SET(O) with cover letter to request caseworker to hold until SET(O) is decided?

Please, advise. Thanks

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi mengo,

I am in the same situation, could you please give your outcome of your application.

thanks in advance