ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) Life in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OhBoy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) Life in the UK

Post by OhBoy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Having completed the appointment with Sopra Steria yesterday, we were told to expect to hear news/outcome within 24 hours. I’ve seen elsewhere on this forum that the 24 hours could likely be 24 working hours... presumably meaning 3 or 4 working days? So, now with the holidays intervening, could I reasonably expect to hear something before the new year - or would it be more realistic to be early January?..
I know this is a bit like, “how long is a piece of string”... but I’m hoping that some might have better insight as to how these things might work. As her BRP expires 2nd week of January - I’m wondering where we stand if things take longer than expected?
It’s just struck me that if her permit does expire, we have no proof that SET (M) has been applied for, and may be still pending...
Maybe something similar has happened to someone on here? Or maybe I’m worrying over something that hasn’t happened yet...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:28 pm

OhBoy wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:08 pm
Having completed the appointment with Sopra Steria yesterday, we were told to expect to hear news/outcome within 24 hours. I’ve seen elsewhere on this forum that the 24 hours could likely be 24 working hours... presumably meaning 3 or 4 working days? So, now with the holidays intervening, could I reasonably expect to hear something before the new year - or would it be more realistic to be early January?..
I know this is a bit like, “how long is a piece of string”... but I’m hoping that some might have better insight as to how these things might work. As her BRP expires 2nd week of January - I’m wondering where we stand if things take longer than expected?
It’s just struck me that if her permit does expire, we have no proof that SET (M) has been applied for, and may be still pending...
Maybe something similar has happened to someone on here? Or maybe I’m worrying over something that hasn’t happened yet...
Even if the BRP expires, the status continues as the previous one till the decision is made.
Once you applied you got confirmation email right/or sopra emails?
That is your proof that you made an ontime application.
However, how long it will take? No one really knows. Some people got it in 24 hours, some in few days, some waited for a week or longer.
Hope for the best and try not to worry.

Also, as long as you have uploaded the documents, I dont really think the category should really matter. That is wierd that they asked you to upload it again in a different category if they were already uploaded.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

OhBoy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OhBoy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Oh yes, of course - I had the email asking me to upload those copies again from Sopra... I hadn't put 2 and 2 together properly there.
I thought it odd about having to upload those two papers again - but might have been to do with my naming convention of the PP copy... I should have named it applicants pp, which I did when I uploaded them again.
Good to know that the status of the BRP remains as is even after expiry, until the decision is made on the new application... thanks for that clarification...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:28 pm

OhBoy wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 pm
Oh yes, of course - I had the email asking me to upload those copies again from Sopra... I hadn't put 2 and 2 together properly there.
I thought it odd about having to upload those two papers again - but might have been to do with my naming convention of the PP copy... I should have named it applicants pp, which I did when I uploaded them again.
Good to know that the status of the BRP remains as is even after expiry, until the decision is made on the new application... thanks for that clarification...
Also, you would have been sent an appointment confirmation email from sopra also(which I assume you have to take with you to the appointment). So dont worry
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Follow up Q from the post at Meesha’s thread as I do not want to hijack her thread:

Did you pay £35 for document checking service? I was under the impression they check only for those who pay for the service?

OhBoy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OhBoy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:56 pm

I did pay a little extra, wasn’t much... they did upload a few bits for us that needed correcting...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:04 pm

OhBoy wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:56 pm
I did pay a little extra, wasn’t much... they did upload a few bits for us that needed correcting...
Thank you I thought you paid for the service as you said they let you know prior to your appointment.

“Document checking - this service is available for customers who would like our team to check that they have correctly uploaded evidence prior to their appointment. Price for this service is £35”

OhBoy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OhBoy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:18 pm

Sure, that sounds right...
Certainly worth that bit extra for comfort.
I actually missed the informative email, as I was already “on the way” to the appointment. Nevertheless, they checked through what they needed to, and uploaded some bits and pieces too.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:16 am

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

This is a useful link. Answers your query that you can upload any additional docs upto 10pm after appt so your good.
Attachments
873AFA42-906C-400C-B007-9709B4A5A131.jpeg
873AFA42-906C-400C-B007-9709B4A5A131.jpeg (109.46 KiB) Viewed 939 times

OhBoy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OhBoy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Yippee...

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Appendix FM of the immigration arrangements has now been granted.
This has just arrived...

It was, in retrospect, a fairly straightforward process. Though of course it was studded with moments of doubt, panic and worry.
Many thanks to all who offered support, advice and guidance over the last few weeks of the application process. In particular to the mods who urged the attainment of the B1 English certificate - as I had previously been under the impression that her old ielts certificate from SA would’ve been sufficient. I’m so pleased I listened to you all...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Oh Boy congrats :)

OhBoy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OhBoy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:17 pm

SET biometric residence permit just arrived now... which is great. But just noticed an expiration date - last day of 2024. No problem really, as all photo I.D’s need replacement every few years as we age...
But, a scoot around google reveals that many, many people over the last few years are having the same expiration date at the end of 2024. Wouldn’t this mean that they are going to be inundated with renewal requests during December 2024? Granted that ILR does not expire, just the BRP does. I’m just wondering why the duration of the BRP’s has not been standardised, like PP or driving licenses... Any idea why 2024 is currently “so many” people’s renewal date...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:17 pm

OhBoy wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:17 pm
SET biometric residence permit just arrived now... which is great. But just noticed an expiration date - last day of 2024. No problem really, as all photo I.D’s need replacement every few years as we age...
But, a scoot around google reveals that many, many people over the last few years are having the same expiration date at the end of 2024. Wouldn’t this mean that they are going to be inundated with renewal requests during December 2024? Granted that ILR does not expire, just the BRP does. I’m just wondering why the duration of the BRP’s has not been standardised, like PP or driving licenses... Any idea why 2024 is currently “so many” people’s renewal date...
If you actually search the forum, this has been answered 100s of times.

It is the date set by the EU for all biometric documents such as brp cards and passports to be updated with more enhanced security features. UK passports change design and features every fee years already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OhBoy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OhBoy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:17 pm
If you actually search the forum, this has been answered 100s of times.

It is the date set by the EU for all biometric documents such as brp cards and passports to be updated with more enhanced security features. UK passports change design and features every fee years already.
Not got a search facility... thanks for the answer though