ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

arrest and a warning and naturalisation, Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waiz89k

Re: arrest and a warning and naturalisation, Please help

Post by waiz89k » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:42 am

Amber wrote:A police warning will be considered in line with a non-custodial sentence for an out of court disposal. If no warnings or other out of court disposals then shouldn't be an issue. Unless you have a pending prosecution.
Thanks Milan and Amber for ur answers.

As I mentioned there was no warnings, no cautions, no convictions, no pending prosecutions or anything at all. It was NFA'd and my PNC mentions it as below

Crime Reference: ----------
Offence Number: 1
Court/Caution/Force Reference: ----/----/--/1
Offence Number: 1
Adjudication: NFA (NO FURTHER ACTION)
Originator: 01 (METROPOLITAN POLICE)
Offence Description: COMMON ASSAULT
Offence Date(s): 12/12/11
Disposal: NFA (NO FURTHER ACTION) 12/12/11 AT 01 (METROPOLITAN
POLICE) FS/REF: 01 (METROPOLITAN POLICE)

ibrahim9140
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim9140 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi there hope I will be helpful to you. Speaking from the experience.
Naturalization application

Applied on 1st of july 14
Received ln 28th of feb 15

I was arrested on nov 2013 because someone had made a false complain against me about grooming the kept me in cell for half day interviewed me and took them 6 months to find out i was innocent. They did tell me they have me on record. So by mid june 2014 this was sorted and i went ahead and applied in july 2014. I had not declared anything as i was not cautioned or convicted with anything.

Therefore my advise to you is that do not declare anything as in your case similar to mine. But be prepared to wait for a ling period of time as they do check.

if you need more information you can pm me.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:57 am

ibrahim9140 wrote:Hi there hope I will be helpful to you. Speaking from the experience.
Naturalization application

Applied on 1st of july 14
Received ln 28th of feb 15

I was arrested on nov 2013 because someone had made a false complain against me about grooming the kept me in cell for half day interviewed me and took them 6 months to find out i was innocent. They did tell me they have me on record. So by mid june 2014 this was sorted and i went ahead and applied in july 2014. I had not declared anything as i was not cautioned or convicted with anything.

Therefore my advise to you is that do not declare anything as in your case similar to mine. But be prepared to wait for a ling period of time as they do check.

if you need more information you can pm me.
congratulations on ur approval and thanks for this very helpful information.

eagleeyemoon
Newly Registered

Post by eagleeyemoon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:39 pm

hi waiz89k

I am in quite similar situation as you were in. Some one has directed me to your thread in which Ibhram9140 advice you not to declare.

Did you apply for BN in the end ?
if yes did you declare your arrest in your application or you just took ibrahim9140 advice on this.

CAn you please confirm and provide some feedback.

you can see my thread on this link.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 00432.html

So far 3 people have advice to declare and 1 person said not to advice.

thanks

Setare23
Newly Registered

Post by Setare23 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi
I need your help argently ,I had police caution (common assault )in December 2012 , now I want to apply for British nationality I wonder do I need mention it In applications form and also it will effect my applying?
Thanks

ONas16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ONas16 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Did you get your citizenship at the end? How long did it take you to get an answer ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:28 pm

ONas16 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:46 pm
Did you get your citizenship at the end? How long did it take you to get an answer ?
The members in this thread haven't been back for a long time - any concerns best to start your own thread. You have already submitted an application so you will have to wait for the decision.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.