ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply spouse visa?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srisath
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Can I apply spouse visa?

Post by srisath » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:02 am

Hi everyone,

Apologies if these questions are repeated, this is my second post so please be gentle.

I got ILR(5 years route) on August. I have 2 year old baby(UK born) and my wife. And they are still in Tier 2 PBS dependent visas. As I'm aware that I can apply naturalization for my baby using MN1 online.

1. Once the baby get naturalization, is it possible mother can apply spouse visa from Tier 2 PBS dependent?

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

srisath
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Can I apply spouse visa?

Post by srisath » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:19 am

I'm sorry that I've mentioned spouse visa instead of dependent visa. Can a mother of child apply for dependent visa? Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:23 am

Your wife can extend her current PBS dependent visa. Why do you think she can't?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

srisath
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srisath » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:35 am

Dear Casa,

Thanks for your prompt reply. She was under Tier 2 dependent visa for last 5 years and this year she stayed more than 180 days outside UK. Myself(Husband) got ILR on August 2018. What is the possibility of her stay in UK? Please help.

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:16 am

The change to the absence rule ONLY applies to PBS Dependent visas issued on or after 11th January 2018.

Providing your wife meets all the other conditions, including B1 level English and the Life in the UK test, she can apply for ILR now under SET(O).

Hopefully this has put your mind at rest.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

srisath
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srisath » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:21 am

Casa many many thanks for your prompt reply. You are really good person. God bless you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:24 am

srisath wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:21 am
Casa many many thanks for your prompt reply. You are really good person. God bless you.
You're very welcome.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:33 am

Please also continue in your other topic you already started.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-depen ... l#p1720570
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.