ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 dependent visa for baby

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamnursepres
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

tier 2 dependent visa for baby

Post by iamnursepres » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:51 pm

hello, i am at the moment under tier2 general visa due to expire on January 2020. i am pregnant and due to give birth on jan 2019.

i would like to ask regarding processing my baby's visa. I know that he can stay in UK without visa but NHS is free only for him till he is 3mos old. so here are my questions:

1. if i process his visa nextyear say april 2019 - will his visa expire on the same date as mine since I am the sponsor? if yes, this would mean paying AGAIN for renewal fee and everything after only 8mos since of his application

2. if i will not process his visa and wait till november when I will process my visa extension then I will include him, will there be any potential problem i might encounter?

3. is there any private health insurance i can buy while my baby cant use NHS?

buntydas13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: tier 2 dependent visa for baby

Post by buntydas13 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:04 pm

if i process his visa nextyear say april 2019 - will his visa expire on the same date as mine since I am the sponsor? if yes, this would mean paying AGAIN for renewal fee and everything after only 8mos since of his application

No Issues, just you cant travel outside of UK

2. if i will not process his visa and wait till november when I will process my visa extension then I will include him, will there be any potential problem i might encounter?

No Issue technically

Many research online

iamnursepres
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by iamnursepres » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:29 pm

buntydas13 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:04 pm
if i process his visa nextyear say april 2019 - will his visa expire on the same date as mine since I am the sponsor? if yes, this would mean paying AGAIN for renewal fee and everything after only 8mos since of his application

No Issues, just you cant travel outside of UK

No Issue technically

Many research online
i've tried to research online but couldnt find any useful info. May i just ask then, are the VACCINES for my baby free till he finish all the course even he is not eligible for NHS?

buntydas13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by buntydas13 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:41 pm

Technically - Vaccines that are administered in first 3 months are free