ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different kind of stamps for bank statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage Certificate Issue

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:49 pm

sorry seagul, only just noticed you had responded

thanks for your answer 🙂

AlunaAluna
BANNED
Italy

Re: Mailing and document expiration

Post by AlunaAluna » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:01 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 am
Property inspection lasts 3 months, IELTS valid for 2 years. Certain members encourage to over-cook the cake too much. Just follow the guidance with caution without paranoia.
Wrong property inspection report is valid for six months.... go and check with a surveyor and solicitor.

AlunaAluna
BANNED
Italy

Post by AlunaAluna » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:02 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:18 am
Mattjspencer91 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 pm
Hi guys

So my wife (Chinese) and I (British) have two marriage certificates, one for each of us, but my wife tore hers up during one of our heated arguments. So I have a couple of questions here regarding our spouse visa application:

1. Will it be okay to send in my marriage certificate as evidence of our marriage? (The only differences between the two are the details of the person who the marriage certificate belongs to.)

2. Should we include the torn up pieces of my wife’s certificate in the application, and perhaps a written explanation of what happened?

Below is an example of what both the chinese marriage certificates look like.

https://goo.gl/images/mSNkxW

Thanks in advance for your help

Matt
1. Just send your own original one along with its English translated copy.

2. No need.
English translation needs to be carried out by a translator regulated and recognised by British Authorites...

England

Post by post » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:18 am

Is there a list (translators regulated and recognised by UKVI) that can be found on the internet?

AlunaAluna
BANNED
Italy

Re: Mailing and document expiration

Post by AlunaAluna » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:27 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:27 am
Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 am
Property inspection lasts 3 months,
Not all reports
Can you please provide evidence where it states they are valid for 3 months?
I consulted 3 different surveyors and all advised 6 months validity. Solicitor also advised the same. Pls provide evidence

Also FYI Property reports are only required if you share the property with family members or others people renting the property, but it is good to add this as additional proof.

AlunaAluna
BANNED
Italy

Post by AlunaAluna » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:28 am

post wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:18 am
Is there a list (translators regulated and recognised by UKVI) that can be found on the internet?
It may depend on the country in which you are applying.....it definitely applies to where my spouse is from originally.

I’ll try to find out and ask my solicitor for you...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Mostly the property inspection report doesn't specify any date of expiry because housing arrangements can be changed next second to it. However, the property inspection report must be dated within 28 days of the date of application. And at the moment there is no UKVI list of approved translator but preferably the non-English document should be translated from government institute e.g embassy/consulate/ministry of education/union council etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Chat logs

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:23 am

Hello

My wife will be applying for her spouse visa next month, but we have a slight issue regarding chat logs. My old Facebook and WeChat (Chinese Whatsapp) accounts have been deactivated so we don’t have any evidence of our conversations before 2017 and we’ve been together since 2014. Will other forms of evidence (photos, boarding passes etc.) be enough?

:)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:11 am
Posts merged.
Please do click the link to read the forum rule about multiple topics on the same application. Topics merged again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Chat logs

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Mattjspencer91 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:23 am
Hello

My wife will be applying for her spouse visa next month, but we have a slight issue regarding chat logs. My old Facebook and WeChat (Chinese Whatsapp) accounts have been deactivated so we don’t have any evidence of our conversations before 2017 and we’ve been together since 2014. Will other forms of evidence (photos, boarding passes etc.) be enough?

:)
It is very vital piece of information which must be attached. Usually all that conversation gets stored & backed up to some server like Google drive, try to retrieve from there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 am

We have plenty of chat history from 2017 onwards and a few posts on Facebook from my wife of photos of the two of us before 2017 + boarding passes... but my old Facebook and Wechat accounts have been deleted and are inaccessible. I didn’t have any luck with Google Drive, could that be because i’m now using a different device?

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Different kind of stamps for bank statements

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

I went into Barclays to get my printed online bank statements certified (I had around 24 pages) and they stamped the first page with a stamp saying ‘I confirm this is a true copy of the original’ along with a signature and a barclays stamp. Whilst the other pages are stamped with just the barclays stamp along with a date.

I believe she did this because the first stamp took a lot of effort and didn’t want to do this for every page.

Will there be any problems or do you think the official barclays stamp will be enough?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:33 pm

vinny wrote:
Posts merged.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 am
vinny wrote:
Posts merged.
Please do click the link to read the forum rule about multiple topics on the same application. Topics merged again.
??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.