ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Again nothing in mailbox today.. I am still in plans to fly on 15th....

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:59 pm

hope we get some approvals from forum members tom

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:01 pm

looking at the trend on the forum fow approvals, i personally think they we should have most of April applicants response by saturday this week. and hopefuly May applicants wil start next week

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:09 pm

royal mail loses 10% of tis mail every year, its really a world record

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:11 pm

i didnt knw that. but i gues as long as its recorded/special del, we shud be ok

kh7200
Newly Registered

Time for good news

Post by kh7200 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:12 pm

:) :) :)
I'm delighted to let everyone here know that my application has been approved.

Type of application : WP to TIER 1
Application Sent : 22/4/2008
Payment taken : 23/4/2008
Ref no dated : 23/4/2008
Ref no received: 25/4/2008
Stamped on : 28/5/2008
Recevied on : 4/6/2008
Applicants: main applicant, spouse, 2 children
Comments: I received an email from the case officer on 22/5 requesting recent photos of the children as the photos sent were more than 6 months old. I sent the new photos on the same day and arrived there the following day.

I have been monitoring this page almost daily. I felt it's better than calling the HO. I wanted to share the good news with you and also pass my experience in this process to everyone.

1- Ensure to send all documents from day one. That will prevent any delay in the way. Also, I understand that some case officers disapprove the cases if there are missing documents
2- Calling the HO is mostly useless. Call centre does not seem to have meaningful update regarding the case. Also, they were giving conflicting infomation. One day they said that the case is under consideration and the following day it's still in the queue waiting to be assigned to case officer.

lastly, I found that it is best to be patient and stay calm. Nothing will change the processing time of your application. You do your best and provide all possible supporting documents and just wait and visit this page frequently.

Best of luck to all you and hope to see more of the good news flooding here. :)

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:19 pm

kh7200, CONGRATULATIONS.

That is a great news for all of us. even after the delay, u received the application today. i mean if it wasnt foto problem it would have been sooner than that

kmore97

Re: Time for good news

Post by kmore97 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Congrats!
A stupid question - how did HO people figure out ur child's photo is more thn 6 months old.
kh7200 wrote::) :) :)

Comments: I received an email from the case officer on 22/5 requesting recent photos of the children as the photos sent were more than 6 months old. I sent the new photos on the same day and arrived there the following day.

I have been monitoring this page almost daily. I felt it's better than calling the HO. I wanted to share the good news with you and also pass my experience in this process to everyone.

1- Ensure to send all documents from day one. That will prevent any delay in the way. Also, I understand that some case officers disapprove the cases if there are missing documents
2- Calling the HO is mostly useless. Call centre does not seem to have meaningful update regarding the case. Also, they were giving conflicting infomation. One day they said that the case is under consideration and the following day it's still in the queue waiting to be assigned to case officer.

lastly, I found that it is best to be patient and stay calm. Nothing will change the processing time of your application. You do your best and provide all possible supporting documents and just wait and visit this page frequently.

Best of luck to all you and hope to see more of the good news flooding here. :)

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Kmore ur decision shud be coming in shortly, isnt it?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:52 pm

this week, we havent had many decisions. this wait is really bad. i have never been anxious like this before.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Vipul,
I'm not expecting anything in this week. As applicants before me like fergronin, Anilhemnani, jessica_halida, Beever, coldepps, Chakde, headley who applied in April end, haven't received their documents. I'll be happy even if I receive it before end of next week. If not, then my nervousness will increase like many of you, as I arranged a trip to India in the very beginning of Jul.
I should be OK, if they don't verify the authenticity of my documents. If they decide to verify my documents from India like payslip, bank statements, degree certificate, then I don't know how long it will take.

vipul1981 wrote:Kmore ur decision shud be coming in shortly, isnt it?

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:18 pm

Ann's refusal is a typical pitfall for people who are on WP, getting Indian salary and UK allowance.
When I went through the Seft assessment tool, I thought one could apply only showing Indian salary and using upliftment factor. But when I read the guidance note, then it clearly says - what source country of Income means.

In fact I heard many people (I know few of them as well) got old HSMP approval just showing Indian salary and using upliftment factor though they were living in UK. Then for a caseworker it was difficult to know if the applicant lives in UK or India as you were not sending passport.

But these days, as you send passport with ur application (and probably u use a different application form) for In UK applicants. So if you show only Indian salary and use upliftment factor you are caught instantly.

vipul1981 wrote:hi sorry to hear about ann refusal but I guess he didnt check things properly before applying, neways one thing we can guess from it is that they are currently working on applications with refs no 304*. So Hussein if it is a approval we should hear back next week or week starting 16th. Any approvals today?

sswt
Newly Registered

Re: Time for good news

Post by sswt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 pm

Kh7200, congratulation!!!

Did you receive through royal mail next day delivery ?Trying to figure out postal delay..

[quote="kh7200"]:) :) :)

Best of luck to all you and hope to see more of the good news flooding here. :)[/quote]

kh7200
Newly Registered

Post by kh7200 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi,

To answer your questions respectively,

- They figured out photos were old because they were the same as on the current stamp on the passport. I had new stamps on the passports around 8 months ago when I got new WP after joining another employer. It was a good catch from the HO though ;)

- Documents and passports were sent via Royal Mail Recorded Delivery which takes around 3-5 days to arrive.

I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully you will all hear great news soon. It seems like most cases take around 6 weeks to process nowadays.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:01 am

Kmore if u look at the trends, its not necessary that you will rec applications in order u applied. so may be, hopefully u can hear this or next week

kanaparthyprasad
Newly Registered

Post by kanaparthyprasad » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:48 am

Applied: 14th April
Received: 15th April
Payment Taken: 15th April
Reference Number: PB30270XXXXXX/001 on April 15.
Decision: Phoned on 09/05/2008 and told applciation waiting to be allocated to case worker and cannot say when it will be allcoated.
APPROVED ON 14/05/08
Documents Received: 28/05/2008

Took 14 days since it was approved and documents were posted out to me

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:03 am

Congrats kanaparthyprasad! BTW, What was your prev visa status?

Last two approvals that we have are new additions to the list. We need to have approvals for Anilhemnani, jessica_halida, Beever, coldepps, Chakde, headley this week.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:45 am

morning people. Any approvals please post ASAP

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:35 am

hussainkothari wrote:Congrats kanaparthyprasad! BTW, What was your prev visa status?

Last two approvals that we have are new additions to the list. We need to have approvals for Anilhemnani, jessica_halida, Beever, coldepps, Chakde, headley this week.
I think I would likely be the slowest among you all. I had maternity period inbetween my previous earning which probably make the calculation not straight forward.

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:56 am

Guys , some update ( rather no update ) ... spoke to a lovely lady this morning at call centre .... and got new stories ....i told her I emailed my sectionAA1 this monday & caseworker has acknowledged receipt & i wanted to understand further course....and she goes.... after case worker received that page it will go his manager for decision and followed by manager's manager for final decision !!! what an answer !!! should we buy this story ??? not sure !!!

Hussain, I dont think i would get my documents this week for sure if I am to believe this morning's discussion with our friendly call centre advisors :?

hussainkothari wrote:Congrats kanaparthyprasad! BTW, What was your prev visa status?

beever

Post by beever » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 am

argh i give up..
we called the agent, as usual worse than call centre! just said.."no update".

£400 down the drain for the trip tomorrow. so frustrating!!! :evil:

chakde23 wrote:Guys , some update ( rather no update ) ... spoke to a lovely lady this morning at call centre .... and got new stories ....i told her I emailed my sectionAA1 this monday & caseworker has acknowledged receipt & i wanted to understand further course....and she goes.... after case worker received that page it will go his manager for decision and followed by manager's manager for final decision !!! what an answer !!! should we buy this story ??? not sure !!!

Hussain, I dont think i would get my documents this week for sure if I am to believe this morning's discussion with our friendly call centre advisors :?

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:26 am

Right, but if see the posts of some of friends in this forum. they were said, currently HO is working on applications received on 1st May.
Even the HO website got similar updates.

So it very less likely, I hear anything before next week.
vipul1981 wrote:Kmore if u look at the trends, its not necessary that you will rec applications in order u applied. so may be, hopefully u can hear this or next week

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:38 am

Very sad Beever! I can understand - how u feel. Still u have the entire day left - see if anything comes.

It's really whimsical decision from HO - holding the passport this long.

I too have planned trip to India in the very beginning of July.
Let me see if I'll get passport before that.
beever wrote:argh i give up..
we called the agent, as usual worse than call centre! just said.."no update".

£400 down the drain for the trip tomorrow. so frustrating!!! :evil:

chakde23 wrote:Guys , some update ( rather no update ) ... spoke to a lovely lady this morning at call centre .... and got new stories ....i told her I emailed my sectionAA1 this monday & caseworker has acknowledged receipt & i wanted to understand further course....and she goes.... after case worker received that page it will go his manager for decision and followed by manager's manager for final decision !!! what an answer !!! should we buy this story ??? not sure !!!

beever

Post by beever » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:53 am

thanks kmore
/hugs

well it's my bf's passport that's been held up so i need to go to his friend's wedding in france by myself looking like a fool :shock:

i really hope we hear something from the agent today / tmo morning at the latest because our flight is at 1230.

but looking at the way they work, we might just get it on saturday and it will all still be the same, as he would not be able attend!

we have another scheduled trip to Malaysia for his sis's wedding.. June 22, we really really have to make to that one, air ticket itself is already 500quid. if we don't get anything back by 16th june, we might have to withdraw application.

fingers crossed :?

please could anyone who's got update, please update us.

many thanks
kmore97 wrote:Very sad Beever! I can understand - how u feel. Still u have the entire day left - see if anything comes.

It's really whimsical decision from HO - holding the passport this long.

I too have planned trip to India in the very beginning of July.
Let me see if I'll get passport before that.

sansui
Newly Registered

Post by sansui » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:15 am

hi guys ,that's what i was told four weeks ago and following week i was told my application has come back to caseworker from manager.after that i have not rang them as u know we are getting differnt answers from them. anyway it's 9th week running so i will ring them next week and i am sure i will get the same answer "still under consideration"
it's killing me.
Thanks
Sansui

Guys , some update ( rather no update ) ... spoke to a lovely lady this morning at call centre .... and got new stories ....i told her I emailed my sectionAA1 this monday & caseworker has acknowledged receipt & i wanted to understand further course....and she goes.... after case worker received that page it will go his manager for decision and followed by manager's manager for final decision !!! what an answer !!! should we buy this story ??? not sure !!!

[/quote]