ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status and separated from EU national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Permanent Residence card holder - getting separated from EU

Post by Alinacarolina » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi all,

Your help will be much appreciated. My unmarried partner is an EU national and I am a non-EU national. I had been living with him since 2012 and got PR in 2017. Now due to some personal issues we are not living together anymore. He left me for someone else in June 2018.

Now question is, can I stay in the UK without him as I have PR?
Secondly do you think BREXIT can be an issue for my PR or settled status?

I am going to apply settled Status in April 2019, will I be able to bring someone from non-eea country if I marry there? Or do you think UKVI can create a problem for me and my potential non-eea spouse?

Thank you

Alina

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Re: Permanent Residence card holder - getting separated from EU

Post by Alinacarolina » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:51 am

Please reply. I'm going through a very stressful period.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:44 am

If you have already acquired PR, you retain it even if the underlying relationship had broken down.

However, have you got a PR card? You may need your ex-partner's assistance with documentation to apply for a PR card.
Alinacarolina wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:27 pm
will I be able to bring someone from non-eea country if I marry there?
Yes, you can, but under the UK Immigration Rules, not the EEA Regulations. Your partner will have to meet all the requirements (English language, salary earnings, etc) for the partner of "a person settled in the UK".
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Post by Alinacarolina » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I already have PR. And I am going to apply settled status once the scheme is fully opened.

So if I marry someone from outside EU I can bring him here to stay with me? Please send me more details which requirements do he have to meet?

Much appreciated

Alina

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Although the paper form is for North Korea only, go through the Guide for Supporting Documents for Form VAF4A, which will give you a broad idea of the requirements to bring in a non-EEA spouse under the UK Immigration Rules.

Have you been in the same job for at least six months? Do you earn at least £18,600 per annum? Does your non-EEA spouse speak English at A1 level or higher?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Alinacarolina wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Yes I already have PR. And I am going to apply settled status once the scheme is fully opened.

So if I marry someone from outside EU I can bring him here to stay with me? Please send me more details which requirements do he have to meet?

Much appreciated

Alina
If you have already got PR then its a settled status. Yes you can bring your non-EU partner as long as you earning sufficiently, have uncrowded accommodation, your partner has A1 ielts test, tb test etc. Most importantly you should immediately update to HO about your present relationship.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Post by Alinacarolina » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:41 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:35 pm
Although the paper form is for North Korea only, go through the Guide for Supporting Documents for Form VAF4A, which will give you a broad idea of the requirements to bring in a non-EEA spouse under the UK Immigration Rules.

Have you been in the same job for at least six months? Do you earn at least £18,600 per annum? Does your non-EEA spouse speak English at A1 level or higher?
Great thanks.
Yes I have been working in the same job for more than six months, earn more than 18,600 per annum and my non-EU partner speaks English.
Once again many thanks for your reply.

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Post by Alinacarolina » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:45 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:57 pm
Alinacarolina wrote:

Much appreciated

Alina
Most importantly you should immediately update to HO about your present relationship.
I am just waiting to get settled status which is gonna start from 30th March 2019 for EU family members. Don't want any problem with my own status in the UK. Then I will update HO and apply for my non-EU partner.

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Post by Alinacarolina » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:24 am

Alinacarolina wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:45 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:57 pm
Alinacarolina wrote:

Much appreciated

Alina
Most importantly you should immediately update to HO about your present relationship.
According to Gov. Uk if I am dependent on my partner/EEA family permit I must inform HO when my relationship breaks down. But I have settled status now In UK which mean I am on my own now. Do I still need to inform HO before to get married to someone else?

Thanks

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Settled status and separated from EU national

Post by Alinacarolina » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 am

Hi all,

Your help will be much appreciated. I asked this question earlier in another thread but no one replied.

I have settled status under EU settlement scheme. My EU partner broke up with me and we do not live together. Now I am planning to get married with someone from non-EU country. Do I have to inform UKVI about my current relationship? On gov. Uk it says I must inform HO if I am on dependent visa (Which i am not). But after getting married with non-EU I will have to apply his spouse visa, will it be a problem for spouse application if I do not inform HO now?

I was an unmarried partner of an EU national.

Kindly provide some information.

Thanks

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Re: Settled status and separated from EU national

Post by Punguru82 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm

From my understanding, others may correct me if am wrong. As you mentioned you acquired PR through unmarried route(EEA) meaning no divorce proof needed after breaking up/ending up relationship but you must declare you are free to be with someone else(marry). You have to declare in writing now you are free to marry someone else to HO before setting up a wedding date. Keep the copy and receipt of the post. Then go ahead and marry. As you have settled status now also referred to ILR wont be a problem to apply for your husband but through British laws, others have advised you what you need to have for this above. The settled status simply states you can decide to still have rights as Non EEA family member till 2020 or enjoy the ILR UK rights from when settled status granted

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Post by Alinacarolina » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:11 pm

Punguru82 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm
From my understanding, others may correct me if am wrong. As you mentioned you acquired PR through unmarried route(EEA) meaning no divorce proof needed after breaking up/ending up relationship but you must declare you are free to be with someone else(marry). You have to declare in writing now you are free to marry someone else to HO before setting up a wedding date. Keep the copy and receipt of the post. Then go ahead and marry. As you have settled status now also referred to ILR wont be a problem to apply for your husband but through British laws, others have advised you what you need to have for this above. The settled status simply states you can decide to still have rights as Non EEA family member till 2020 or enjoy the ILR UK rights from when settled status granted
Thank you so much for your reply.

I just wanted to confirm if I need to tell HO as I am not my ex's dependent anymore.

Thanks again

Alina

Alinacarolina
United Kingdom

Post by Alinacarolina » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 am

Punguru82 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm
I am completely stressed out. If I infoem HO now that I am not with my eea partner, do you think they can revoke my settled status? I just got settled status this month. Wont HO raise an issue?

Also I lived with my eea partner from 2012 to 2018, applied RC application in 03/2013 and got it in 07/2015. Then my eea partner applied his PR and included me in his application on 2017. I got my PR in 01/2018 (just after 3 years of RC but HO considered my EEA application time and proof of living together since 2012).

Now do you think I can lose my settled status?