ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Childrens Settlement Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Only Me
United Kingdom

Childrens Settlement Visa

Post by Only Me » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just doing the online application for my young stepdaughter's settlement visa, has anyone gone through this themselves, as what do I put for the financial parts and what supporting evidence do I include when submitting supporting documents.

Hope everyone has a great festive holiday and thanks for any information or advice in advance!

Only Me
United Kingdom

Re: Childrens Settlement Visa

Post by Only Me » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Only Me wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:25 pm
Hi Everyone,

Just doing the online application for my young stepdaughter's settlement visa, has anyone gone through this themselves, as what do I put for the financial parts and what supporting evidence do I include when submitting supporting documents.

Hope everyone has a great festive holiday and thanks for any information or advice in advance!
Also, it says about filling out Appendix 1 (VAF 4A July 2012) but then it says:

"child of a settled parent or with one parent who has permission to stay in the UK as a partner or parent given before 9 July 2012"

Does this form have to be filled in as the child's mother will be applying the same time and I'm a UK citizen from birth?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:46 pm

VAF4A x 2 and Appendix 2 x 2. The child applies for exactly the same as the mother and the form is completed with the same financial details of yours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:46 pm
VAF4A x 2 and Appendix 2 x 2. The child applies for exactly the same as the mother and the form is completed with the same financial details of yours.
So Appendix VAF4A is the online application, is that correct???. Not the paper downloadable one the link takes you to?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Vaf4a is the online form.

Appendix 2 is the additonal paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:22 pm
Vaf4a is the online form.

Appendix 2 is the additonal paper form.
Thanks, CR001 I'm sure they deliberately make things hard and confusing on purpose. Shall I add the same supporting evidence for the child's application? Ie photos of us together with her mother and whats App chats with the daughter?