ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited company with no business account

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ahmed2222
Newly Registered
Egypt

Limited company with no business account

Post by Ahmed2222 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:10 am

Hi guys

Thank you very much for creating this. I’m just about to apply for my wife’s visa. I have a limited company where I’m the director and the only employee. The issue is that when I opened the limited company 3-4 years ago I didn’t open a business account for it and have been getting the money through my personal account. Not sure if the HO will make a fuss out of it if I explain this.
Your help will be appreciated

Thanks

Only Me
United Kingdom

Re: Limited company with no business account

Post by Only Me » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:28 am

Ahmed2222 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:10 am
Hi guys

Thank you very much for creating this. I’m just about to apply for my wife’s visa. I have a limited company where I’m the director and the only employee. The issue is that when I opened the limited company 3-4 years ago I didn’t open a business account for it and have been getting the money through my personal account. Not sure if the HO will make a fuss out of it if I explain this.

Thanks
From what I can see Ahmed is that if you're a Company Director then you're either registered self-employed or are employed by the company and paid a Salary and would have wage slips to show tax and NI paid to HMRC ETC.

If Self Employed, I believe you have to show two years of accounts and also provide your P60 for each year and bank statements for the two years to show the income, which your accountant could provide.

I was self-employed but due to the complications and red tape for sponsoring my wife to live here, I decided to become PAYE and have been working for the last 12 Months PAYE which I found far less complicated if you're meeting the financial level required.

But there are far more qualified people on here that would be able to advise you better than I, I am just speaking from my own experience and view.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:57 pm

Ahmed2222 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:10 am
Hi guys

Thanks
As a sole trader, you are not legally required to have a business bank account. Legally, you can use your personal bank account for both business and non business transactions or you can set up a second personal bank account to use for your business

prejay
United Kingdom

Post by prejay » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:04 am

There is no legal requirement to open a business bank account for a LTD company - it's merely advised as it makes traceability easier. You should be fine - I cannot see how the HO can mandate something that Companies House/HMRC do not.