ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence/child under 5

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

purpleowl2536
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Permanent residence/child under 5

Post by purpleowl2536 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi, I need some help with what kind of application to go for.

EEA married to non-EEA.
EEA child born in the UK in 2017.
5 years qualifying period achieved Sept 2018.

I was going for PR application but can I apply for my child as well? I’m thinking no, because he’s not even 2 yet. Can he have any kind of document proving he can stay here?

For what I understand, we’d be eligible for citizenship next year, but he has to wait until he’s 10, is this it? I’m so confused.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent residence/child under 5

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:31 pm

You are confusing things

A child born in the UK is entitled to register as British once EITHER parent is granted PR and the child does NOT require PR to do so. Not sure why you think the child has to wait till they are 10.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

purpleowl2536
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by purpleowl2536 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:34 pm

I thought the child could only be registered British if they were born when the parents already had PR, otherwise the only information I could find was that they’d have to have lived in the UK for 10 years to get it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:41 pm

purpleowl2536 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:34 pm
I thought the child could only be registered British if they were born when the parents already had PR, otherwise the only information I could find was that they’d have to have lived in the UK for 10 years to get it.
No, you are mistaken.

Children born in the UK can Register as British under Section 1(3) of the Nationality act once one parent gets PR.

british-citizenship/citizenship-faqs-co ... l#p1343774
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunshine01
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine01 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:45 pm

purpleowl2536 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:28 pm
Hi, I need some help with what kind of application to go for.

EEA married to non-EEA.
EEA child born in the UK in 2017.
5 years qualifying period achieved Sept 2018.

I was going for PR application but can I apply for my child as well? I’m thinking no, because he’s not even 2 yet. Can he have any kind of document proving he can stay here?

For what I understand, we’d be eligible for citizenship next year, but he has to wait until he’s 10, is this it? I’m so confused.

Hi!
I’m in exact same situation.Which route did you go for?
Did you apply for PR for you and your spouse?
Did you include your child?
I’m confused if I should include my son.Born in 2017 when we have been in UK for 3 years.
I’m from Poland and my son has also Polish passport.My spouse is Non-EEA member.