ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The online Application submission date - Appointment date vs visa expiry date with new UKVI's Service Centres method

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aben
United Kingdom

The online Application submission date - Appointment date vs visa expiry date with new UKVI's Service Centres method

Post by aben » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi All,

Please clarify these if you could.
My Tier 2 Gen visa from 10 March 2014 expires on 16th March 2019, I am eligible for ILR on or after 10th Feb. what is the earliest time line for my ILR application.

1. What the earliest time to submit my online visa application ?

2. What is the earliest time to have my appointment ?

thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: The online Application submission date - Appointment date vs visa expiry date with new UKVI's Service Centres method

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Just submit your application when you are in the 28 days qualifying period. Its safest as the online application submission date is considered to be the application date. You will be able to get a biometric appointment within 5-7 days with the new system, infact same day or next day also if you pay more.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aben
United Kingdom

Re: The online Application submission date - Appointment date vs visa expiry date with new UKVI's Service Centres method

Post by aben » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:48 pm

thank your very much for the response.

regarding the appointment date, are there any restriction on how soon it should be booked once the online application is submitted ? I remember I read somewhere its 2 months but I couldn't find it ?

thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 pm

aben wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:48 pm
thank your very much for the response.

regarding the appointment date, are there any restriction on how soon it should be booked once the online application is submitted ? I remember I read somewhere its 2 months but I couldn't find it ?

thanks in advance
Probably I read it somewhere too but cant comment on it for sure. Its always better to book appointment as soon as you can.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:04 pm

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Thank you Aman90 for sharing the link, I could find the a place where it stating that the remainder would be there after 15 days but not about two months.

..."You are encouraged to go to an appointment as soon as possible and will receive a reminder after 15 working days if you have not attended an appointment."....

thanks