ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd stage letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

2nd stage letter

Post by Delacruz007 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi Everyone.
I’ve just applied for naturalisation on October 13th and I was one of the ones that got a response a bit late compare to some other folks on here according to the threads I’ve read.
Applied October 13 2018 (3yrs marriage to Irish citizen NI)
Got a letter on November 6th to get my app signed properly as the notary officer didn’t sign a spot mistakenly. Got it signed and sent off on November 8th and I got a letter 22nd novermber which I received on 26th saying my application has been assessed and progressed to the second stage.
Now my question is what happens after? Should I expect to receive another letter asking for more documents as I’ve seen on thread most people get asked more documents. If yes or no, what do you reckon is the next stage or what to expect?
Thanks everyone and compliments of the season to you all.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: 2nd stage letter

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:24 pm

You just wait patiently. There shouldn't be any additional documents required at this stage.

Normally if more documents are required, they would have requested for them in the first stage. Second stage is mainly for external agencies (Garda etc) to act on.

Of course if that stage takes longer than usual, they may request for new documents to prove that you are still living in Ireland legally during this period.

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Delacruz007 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:57 pm

@literr thank you very much for your response. Reason why I’m asking is A friend of mine with similar application was asked for doc after the second stage but then I’d imagine circumstances might be different but it makes sense the way you explained it.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Delacruz007 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:57 pm
@literr thank you very much for your response. Reason why I’m asking is A friend of mine with similar application was asked for doc after the second stage but then I’d imagine circumstances might be different but it makes sense the way you explained it.
Hi !Delacruz007
can you please tell me what kinda documents they asked to your friend after his second stage letter ?
thanks

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Delacruz007 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:21 pm

@ghzsherazi he was asked to send recent utility bills and bank statements. I’ve not really heard about that from someone applying with 3yrs marriage to Irish citizen from NI.

DRH
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by DRH » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:57 pm

Quick question re stage 2 letter..

My Irish friend's non EU spouse applied back in July.
Got application number and receipt.

Was then asked to send in a divorce cert. Did this and submitted beginning August.

That's nearly 5 months ago though...and they haven't got their second letter yet.

Should they be worried that something is wrong?

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Delacruz007 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:21 pm
@ghzsherazi he was asked to send recent utility bills and bank statements. I’ve not really heard about that from someone applying with 3yrs marriage to Irish citizen from NI.
My wife’s application is based on 3 years marriage to an Irish citizen from NI, she applied in July 2017, in October 2018 we received a letter stating they wanted utility bills and bank statements etc covering the years 2014-2017. Everything submitted, the whole process is a joke, she’s been waiting 1 year and 6 months and no result.

We received a letter back in April 2018 saying that her application was being processed etc but nothing about second stage.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Delacruz007 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:12 pm
Hi Everyone.
I’ve just applied for naturalisation on October 13th and I was one of the ones that got a response a bit late compare to some other folks on here according to the threads I’ve read.
Applied October 13 2018 (3yrs marriage to Irish citizen NI)
Got a letter on November 6th to get my app signed properly as the notary officer didn’t sign a spot mistakenly. Got it signed and sent off on November 8th and I got a letter 22nd novermber which I received on 26th saying my application has been assessed and progressed to the second stage.
Now my question is what happens after? Should I expect to receive another letter asking for more documents as I’ve seen on thread most people get asked more documents. If yes or no, what do you reckon is the next stage or what to expect?
Thanks everyone and compliments of the season to you all.
Hi !Delacruz007
can you please tell me what kinda documents they asked to your friend after his second stage letter ?
thanks

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Delacruz007 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:57 am

@mufc69 I’m so sorry yous have to wait that long I mean 18months and no second stage letter yet? Omg! I know the process is a tricky one hence why I post my question here too as there seems to be no specific partern to the approval process. Hopefully you’ll get a good news and be granted approval for the next ceremony likewise myself.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:16 am

Apparently many people do not get a second stage letter and just go straight to an approval. If you look at other people’s time lines on here, it seems to be non Eu family based on 5 years residence seem to be getting their approvals the fastest. I think it also depends on where the applicant is from as I think they are filtering who to approve based on which country they come from.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:53 pm

Delacruz007 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:21 pm
Hi Delacruz007
Thanks for reply can you please tell me your friend apply citizenship as a spouse of Irish & when did he apply is his application is still in the process?

Thanks